About Kedarkantha Trek -
Kedarkantha is a Prominent winter and summer trek in Garhwal Himalayan region at an elevation of 3,800m in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi District. When it comes to trekking in India in winter, the Kedarkantha trek would be your best bet. With falling winter snow it’s a mesmerizing pictorial view and what’s more attractive, is the view of the Mighty Himalayas from the trails right to the top. The beautiful forest clearings and celestial meadows of Kedarkantha are incomparable. Such idyllic settings are hard to find but this trek offers the best places to camp. One of the best camping spot is “JudaKaTalab” it is a wide clearing amidst forest. On this trek you can explore the culture and tradition which people follow in Himalayan villages. The sights are spectacular with amazing 360 degree views of Swargarohini – I, II, III (6300 meter) Bandar poonch peak (6316 meters) and Black peak (6387 meter) all together. One can also see Rupin & Supin valley, Baraadsar range, Kanasar Lake, Phulara ridge, Bali Pass and Sarutal.
• Region : Uttarakhand
• Duration : 6 Days
• Grade : Easy To Moderate
• Max Altitude :12,500 Ft
• Trekking Distance :24km
• Starting point : Delhi
• End point : Delhi
• Trek fee ₹ : 11500
Altitude we are going to cover
• Sankri (1920 m)
• JudaKaTalab ( 2700 m)
• Kedarkantha base camp ( 3400 m)
• Kedarkantha summit ( 3800 m)
• The snow-capped mountain peaks surrounding this place keeps you thrilled with fun and excitement.
• You cross several bridges during the trek which are made of wooden logs. This makes the gradual hike more exciting.
• After reaching JudaKa Talab, you notice a small pond of water with surroundings of oak and pine trees.
• After arrival at the Kedarkantha base camp, enjoy the splendid view of snow-capped Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini and Kalanag peaks.
• The majestic view of Kinner Kailash, Yumnotri, Gangotri, and other Himalayan ranges is a divine pleasure. Kedarkantha gives a 360-degree view .
Itinerary of Kedarkantha Trek - Jan 2020
Day 1 - Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2 - Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (5 km) (4/5 hours) (2700 m)
Day 3 - Juda ka talab to Kedarkantha base (4 Km) (3/4 hours) (3400 m)
Day 4 - Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha Summit (3.4km) (3800 m) and then to Hargaon (5 km)
Day 5 -Hargaon Thach to Sankri (6 km) (5/6 hours) (1920 m)
Day 6 - Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
TREK FEE PER PERSON- Rs 11500 (Delhi to Delhi)
50% advance to confirm your booking.
Getting to Base Camp at Sankri
1. From Delhi to Sankri
Everyone should reach H Nizamuddin Railway Station by 9pm on 11th January, 2020. We will take A/C train from New Delhi to Dehradun that will reach Dehradun Railway Station around 5:00 am to 6:00 am. For the next journey, vehicles will be arranged from Dehradun to Sankri.¬¬
2. From Sankri to Delhi
Return journey will start on 17th January 2020 from Sankri to Dehradun. We will take train from Dehradun to Delhi.
For Dehradun to Delhi travel, participants have two options to choose.
Option 1 – Take a train to Delhi on the same day (17th Jan, 10pm) we reach at Dehradun. Train will reach at Delhi at 5am on 18th Jan 2020.
Option 2 – Take a train to Delhi on 18th Jan, 10pm. Participant can use the spare time from 17th Evening to 18th night to explore Dehradun and nearby area. The added cost of this additional Day and travel expenses should be taken care by participant. The Kayakers will provide train tickets from Dehradun to Delhi only.
Train will reach at Delhi at 5am on 19th Jan 2020.
(The Kayakers arrange vehicles for you from Dehradun Railway Station Pickup and Drop Tempo Traveller 13+ D) or non ac taxi.
Note: Reaching at Delhi and Dehradun Railway Station is participant’s responsibility. The Kayakers will not responsible if participant misses train.
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
(If you want to withdraw money then do it in Dehradun.)
Mobile Connectivity: There will be no networks during the trek, in Purola your device will receive the networks and at Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but you cannot rely on the connectivity because the signal strength is not good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Package Cost Includes
• Forest Permit and entrance fee
• Accommodation - You will be staying in Swargarohini hotel at Sankri and in tents on remaining days of the trek (2, 3 person/tent). Room/tent is separate for male and female participant.
• Meals - Breakfast, lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner. We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. We have variety of delectable and healthy food, which is nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on the trek
• Trekking equipment – High quality tents and sleeping bags, mattress, liner, pillow in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC
• Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
• Micro spikes - Helps you walking on hard snow terrain
• Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at campsite as well to deal with emergencies
• Expert trek Leaders – Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
• Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers and porters.
• Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
• Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
Package Cost Excludes -
• Personal Insurance
• Personal toiletry Items
• Bottled water
• Medical certificate
• On first day en-route to base camp the breakfast and lunch are not included
• last day en-route lunch and dinner are not included
Option 1: Replacement
One Month Prior to Event Date: If you can manage to provide replacement for this trek then you will get 90% refund on trek fees (INR 11500).
Less than 30 day to 15 Days to Event date: If you can manage to provide replacement for this trek then you will get 70% refund on trek fees (INR 11500)
Less than 15 days to Event date: If you can manage to provide replacement for this trek then you will get 50% refund on trek fees (INR 11500) and flight charges will not be refunded.
Option 2: Refund
One Month Prior to Event Date: INR 8000
Less than 30 day to 15 Days to Event date: INR 5000
Less than 15 days to Event date: No Refund
Note: For cancellation email at email@example.com. Cancellations will not be over phone.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), The Kayakers will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year
• Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar card)
• Medical Certificate (signed by a registered MBBS doctor)
• NOC form (by trekker)
Carry Personal Medical kit
The Kayakers will carry first aid kit all the day of trek. Still, every participant need to carry their personal medication.
• Note- Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor. In case you face any problem in your trek, discuss and take advice from the Professional guide.
- Back pack (50 to 60 liters)
- Sturdy Trekking Shoes
Things to carry:
• Trekking shoes: Carry water proof trekking shoes good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
• Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
• Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
• Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
• Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
• Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
• Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
• Water proof hand gloves: Carry water proof gloves and avoid woollen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
• Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woollen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woollen socks for the night.
• Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
• Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
• Day pack (20 litres): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
• Lunch box and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and good water bottle.
Please note below points
Emergency during trek
In case of any emergency The Kayakers will take necessary measures for your return to the base camp. A staff will accompany you. He may not be some trained personnel. Doctors do not go along with a team. ‘The Kayakers’ leaders are trained to administer first aid and know how to deal with issues related to the mountains. Registering for this trek is an understanding that you are aware of related difficulties on a high-altitude trek
Our camp leaders will conduct routine health checks at all camps to measure oxygen saturation, blood pressure. Camp leader reserves the right to exclude any trekker from climbing higher on the trek without refund if the trekker’s vital readings are below accepted norms for that altitude. These norms are available with our camp leaders. Your trek leader will also be carrying medical kit which includes basic first aid and high-altitude sickness medicines and will also be carrying an oxygen cylinder throughout the trek.
Route change/postponement/delay/completing the trek earlier
Under some extraordinary circumstance, your trek may end a day earlier or start a day later due to inclement weather, snow and ice conditions, political restrictions or any other cause. In the event of a change, postponement or delay, participants have no right to refund of the trek or other compensation for any injury, loss or damage.
Separate toilet tents for gents and ladies will be pitched at every campsite. Do not carry sanitary napkins or wet wipes since these are not biodegradable. If you do happen to use wet wipes to clean up after a trek, make sure you bring them back with you.
‘The Kayakers’ is not responsible for any loss/damage of your gears/equipment or other belongings on the trek.
Drinking and smoking:
Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited. Buying drugs or any illegal material is strictly prohibited, the participant will be detained and handed over to government authority.
Other Conditions & Indemnity:
I am aware that participating in adventure sports like kayaking, cycling, trekking, climbing and rappelling has some inherent risks of illness, injury or death. This may be a result of the negligence of others, myself, forces of nature or other agencies known or unknown. Rescue and medical services may not be able to reach me in time.
I hereby fully assume all risk of illness, injury or death, and The Kayakers, its owners, employees, consultants, agents and associates from all actions, claims or demands from any damages resulting out of my participation in this sporting event. This obligation is binding upon me personally as well as on my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns and all members of my family.
I hereby authorize any medical treatment deemed necessary in the event of any emergency, injury or mishap. I agree to bear all costs of rescue and/or medical services that may be incurred on my behalf.
I recognize that as the provider of services, The Kayakers will operate under a covenant of good faith and fair dealing, but that it may be necessary to terminate any event or adventure excursion due to forces of nature, medical necessities or other reasons. I accept their right to take such actions for the safety of all participants including me.
I understand that though precautions will be taken to provide a safe and enjoyable experience, there can be no guarantee of absolute safety against illness, injury and/or accident and that there are grave and unpredictable elements of risk in any adventure, sport or activity associated with the outdoors.
I agree that any film or photographs of me as a participant becomes the property of The Kayakers and may be used for promotional and commercial purposes.
For any queries and registrations please contact:
+91 9764779444 Varsha
+91 9960108321 Mangesh
+91 8249889981 Amar