Identification of Idea and Idea Assessment:
• Identifying an Idea
• Assessing the Idea
You will learn:
• What pain point are you trying to solve?
• Who are you solving it for?
• How are you trying to solve it?
• Is anyone else doing it?
• Can you do it differently from them?
• Can you charge your customer? If so, how much?
Identifying Target Segment and Market Sizing:
Review and look back (First Session)
• Understanding your Target Segment
• Sizing the Market
You will learn:
• Segment your market correctly, based on geographic, demographic and behavioural traits
• Arrive at the value proposition of your product or service and the customer's willingness to pay
• Bring out an offering that is dramatically better than the current options available in the market-being just slightly better may not be very helpful
• Assess the size and growth of the appropriate market segment
• Once you have established yourself in a particular segment, you should consider your ability to enter adjacent segments
Analyzing Environment and Competitive Advantage
Review and look back (Second Session)
• Analyzing Environment
• Understanding Industry
• Competitive Advantage
Understanding Idea Validation from a Guest Entrepreneur
Written Strategy document
On successful completion of this course you will be eligible for taking up the next module:
Building a legal foundation
Coach - StartupWeekend ( TechStars )
Startup Mentor: IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIM Rohtak, IIT Delhi
Who can attend:
Entrepreneurs who are at the idea stage, early execution stage. Who has identified the consumer problem but unable to turn it into a concrete business plan.
Duration: 4 – Hours
Sessions: 2 Sessions (2 x 2 hours)
Date of Commencement: 18th April 2020
Followed by: 25th April 2020
Time: 1500 Hours
Platform: Zoom Web Conference (Link will be provided)
Medium: English & Hindi (mixed)
Format: Lecture, Case Studies, Audio & Visual content, Self - Assessment Assignments