When you learn how to apply SOLID principles
and design patterns by “discovering” them through real-world examples and case
studies, you’ll remember them forever! By solving programming problems, you’ll
apply principles and patterns in practice by identifying bad smells and
Creating high-quality designs by applying relevant principles and patterns is a key skill of an architect. If you have 3+ years of development experience and want to learn key patterns, this bootcamp is certainly for you.
Buy your tickets now (and get the early bird price)!
1. Warm-up exercise on SOLID principles and design patterns (10:00am to 10.30am)
2. Introduction to SOLID design principles, patterns, technical debt, smells, and refactoring (10:00am - 10.30am)
3. Applying SOLID principles (10:30am to 01:00pm with 15 minutes tea break)
Lunch break (1 hour)
4. Discovering creational patterns (Factory Method, Abstract Factory, Builder, …) through exercises and refactoring (2.00pm to 3:15pm)
5. Discovering structural patterns (Bridge, Composite, Decorator, Flyweight, …) through exercises and refactoring (3:15pm to 4:15pm followed by a tea break)
6. Discovering behavioural patterns (Command, Iterator, State, Strategy, Template Method, Visitor, …) through exercises and refactoring (4:30pm to 5.45pm)
7. Wrap-up and networking (5:45pm to 6:00pm)
About the trainer
Ganesh Samarthyam is a co-founder of CodeOps Technologies - a software technology, services, and training company based in Bangalore. For the last 6+ years, he worked for Siemens (Corporate Research and Technologies, Bangalore) in "Software Architecture and Development" team. Before Siemens, he worked in Hewlett-Packard’s C++ compiler team, Bangalore for 4.5 years. He also served as member of ANSI/ISO C++ standardization committee (JTC1/SC22/WG21) from 2005 to 2007 representing HP. He has Software Engineering Certified Instructor (SECI) and Professional Software Engineering Master (PSEM) certifications from IEEE. His recent book is “Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt” (Morgan Kaufmann/Elsevier; November 2014), which is being translated to other languages such as Korean. For more information, visit his websites: http://www.designsmells.com, http://www.codeops.tech or his LinkedIn page: http://bit.ly/sgganesh.
For any queries reach out to the organisers
Hari Kiran (email@example.com) +91 96321 77909
Ganesh Samarthyam (firstname.lastname@example.org) +91 98801 64463
Terms & Conditions: In case of cancellation or no show by the participant, we offer a 100% refund of the ticket amount until the day before the event and allow ticket transfers up to 24 hours prior to the event.
Photos from our earlier session held on 25-Jun-2016