Sharanya Narayani International School (SNIS) is organizing a Virtual Marathon (run/walk) to raise funds for Karunashraya, a Bangalore-based Hospice Trust. This is the highly anticipated third edition of Run for Care, and not even the COVID-19 pandemic can outrun our efforts! We will be conducting the event both live (in-person) and virtually. Join us in caring for those beyond cure!
"Bangalore Hospice Trust – Karunashraya" is a joint project of the Indian Cancer Society (Karnataka Chapter) and the Rotary Club of Bangalore Indiranagar which provides free professional palliative care for advanced-stage cancer patients who are beyond cure. Karunashraya’s main mission is to provide compassionate palliative care for patients with terminal illnesses through quality medical, emotional, spiritual, and social support.
In the virtual event, participants will record their run/walk using a mobile phone with apps like Strava, Garmin, and Nike Run Club. They can then upload the run/walk details on the Townscript webpage.
This run is for charity. All funds raised will be donated to Karunashraya
Through this run, we hope to not only directly aid terminal patients at Karunashraya but also raise awareness about palliative care centers in general and the ways in which we as individuals can contribute to them.
Amazing Marathon Experience! #SNISMarathon #SNISRunForCare
Details of the Run
Date: Jan 26th, 2022 to Feb 6th, 2022
Virtual Event: 21K Run, 16K Run, 10K Run, 5K Run, 3K Run, 5K Walk, 3K Walk
Registration cost: Rs 600 / person for all race categories
** Participants who have registered for the event will get a T-shirt and medal (within India). Participants who finish the run and upload the details in townscript can download the E-certifcate.
Registration Deadline: Registrations will close on 6th, February 2022.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. One participant can only run in one race category
2. Parental consent needed for participants below the age of 10 to run the race.
3. There will be no cash prizes for the finishers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The information given by me/my ward in this entry form is true & me/my ward is/am solely responsible for the accuracy of this information;
2. Have fully understood the risk and responsibility of participating in ‘SNIS Run for Care’ event and will be participating entirely at my/his/her risk and responsibility;
3. Understand the risk of participating which includes falls, contact with other players, and effects of weather such as high heat or humidity.
4. Understand that I/my ward must be of, and must train to, an appropriate level of fitness to participate in such a physically demanding event and I/my ward have obtained a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner, allowing me to participate in the events;
5. For myself/ourselves and our legal representatives, waive all claim of whatsoever nature against any and all stakeholders associated with the event, such as the directors, management all political entities, authorities, official, all contractors and construction firms working on or near the course etc. Employees, agent and respective of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims that might result from me/my ward participating in the event and whether on account of illness, injury, death or otherwise
6. Agree that if I am/my ward if injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer/s any detriment whatsoever, I hereby irrevocably authorise the event official and organisers to at my/our risk and cost, transport me/my ward to a medical facility and or to administer emergency medical treatment and I/my ward waive/s all claim that might result from such transport and/ or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. I shall pay or reimburse to you my/my ward’s medical and emergency expenses and I/my ward hereby authorise you to incur the same;
7. Shall provide to race official such medical data relating to me/my ward as they may request, I agree that nothing herein shall oblige the event official or organisers or any other person to incur any expense or to provide any transport or treatment;
8. In case of any illness or injury caused to me or my ward or death suffered by me or my ward due to any force majeure event including but not limited to fire, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquake, storms, typhoons or any terrorist, none of the sponsors of the event or any political entity or authorities and official or any contractor or construction firm working on or near the course or any person or entities associated with event or the directors, employee, agents or representative of all or any of the aforementioned shall be held liable by me/my ward or my/my ward’s representative;
9. Understand, agree and irrevocably permit SNIS Run for Care to use my/my ward’s photograph which may be photographed on the day of the event, for the sole purpose of promoting SNIS Run for Care, at its own discretion;
10. Understand, agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organisers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety;
11. Understand, agree that all confirmed registrations are non-refundable
12. Understand, agree for any reason if I cannot turn up on race day, no refund of any form will be given
13. Shall not hold the organisers and all/any of the event sponsors responsible for loss of My/his/her entry form and / or entry fee transit; for any loss of personal belongings during the participation in the event
14. Everyone who registers will get a t-shirt. Please note that size availability is based on a first come, first served basis