We have started our public walks and tours with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our experience. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests for walks and 4 for open jeep tours. Walks and tours will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a tour guide system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
#FortRide by Khaki Tours
In the 1720s, the East India Company built a fort around the settlement of Bombay to protect it from enemies such as the French and the Marathas. The fort was just a kilometre long and half a kilometre wide. Around the fort, land was cleared for about a mile to provide a clear line of sight against an enemy attack. Beyond this clearing called the Esplanade was the Native Town of Bombay, where most of the city’s population would stay - the Fort was the preserve of the wealthy, both English and Indian. In the 1860s, the Fort walls were brought down, changing the city for ever. Today, about all that remains of the Fort is the name. Listen to the stories of how the present city of Mumbai came to be in a unique experience, possibly the only one of its kind in the world - an open-jeep #UrbanSafari with the wind in your hair and all the sights, sounds and aromas of the city reaching you unfiltered - the #FortRide.
Date: 18th October 2020
Meeting Point: Asiatic Society of Mumbai, Horniman Circle
Time: 8:30 AM
Duration: 2 Hours
Distance Covered: 10 Kms
Special Inaugural Price: INR 1599/- pp
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING.
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
- Walls that became roads
- Water that became land
- Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Bombay and Mumbai
- A bridge for shopping
- A castle in the city
- The original port of Bombay
- Asia’s oldest surviving dry dock
- Gates that no longer stand
- The Heritage Mile
- Edwardian London in Mumbai
- The Native Town
- And, of course, the Fort and the Esplanade
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (8828100111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter.
Terms & Conditions:
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.