WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS CONTEST?
#GlobalGreen is a photo contest. All you have to do is send us a photograph clicked by you of a stunning nature or wildlife moment spotted in your balcony, garden, local park, urban forest or even a national park you might have visited some time. We’re looking for images of nature and wildlife, landscapes, sceneries, ecosystems, flowers, plants, birds, insects, reptiles, mammals, all natural creations big or small.
WHO IS ORGANISING THIS CONTEST?
This contest is being organised to celebrate ‘WORLD INTERACT WEEK’ under the aegis of Rotary International District 3040 and other Districts from various parts of the world.
SAEVUS magazine is the Knowledge Partner for the contest.
HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
To send in your entry, select your favourite photograph(s).
Then follow the Registration process on Townscript, where you currently are.
After you have registered, you will get an email from Townscript which will have a BIB number and a Google Form link to upload your images. Click the G-Form link. Then upload your images, fill in the required details and hit submit! You can edit your responses any time before the closing date.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE IMAGES?
1. The images could have been clicked on your mobile or with a camera.
2. The maximum file size for one image while uploading should be 1 MB. If you are a winner, we might ask you to share the hi-res version of the image in question.
3. The images must have been shot over the last 24 months.
4. You must have complete copyright to the images.
5. Every image must have a filename as “ Image name_Participant name.”
6. Each participant can send upto three entries i.e. can submit, one, two or three images.
7.Images of domesticated animals/pets will not be considered eligible.
8. Please refrain from downloading internet images or trying to edit/Photoshop images as this will lead to disqualification.
9. All lockdown rules and Government regulations should be followed while taking the images.
HOW MANY WINNERS WILL BE THERE FOR THE CONTEST?
1. There will be THREE winners for the contest.
2. The First Position Winner will get a chance to have his portfolio/Photo Story published on SAEVUS website.
3. Top 3 pictures will be printed in RID 3040 Governor Monthly Newspaper as well as Rotary Districts 3040 website.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
This is a global contest and open to participants across the world.
Participants need to be under 18 years of age on the October 31st 2020. We may ask for identity proof to ascertain the criteria mentioned above.
WHAT’S THE DURATION OF THE CONTEST?
*The contest will be open from October 14 to October 31, 2020. Any entry received after the given date will not be considered.
*The Winners will be announced on November 8, 2020.
* The organisers reserve the right to extend the contest period if deemed necessary.
WILL I GET A CERTIFICATE?
Yes, every child will get a participation e- certificate. The Top 3 winners will also get e-certificates for the First, Second and Third position.
WHEN I REGISTER, WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE CONTEST THAT I AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPT AND AGREE TO?
* Prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable.
* Under no circumstances will the organisers be responsible and/or liable if the winner cannot be contacted. It further reserves the full right to disqualify the winner if any reasonable attempt to contact them via any medium deemed appropriate by the organisers has failed for any reason whatsoever.
* By submitting an entry the participant confirms that they own the copyright to the photograph that has been submitted; that the rights of any individual or organisation have not been violated, and indemnifies the organisers of the contest against any action.
* Participation in this contest constitutes an irrevocable permission for the organisers to use the winners’ names and photographs for purposes of content, publicity and advertisement without any compensation or need for prior notification.
* The judgement of the contest is based solely on the discretion of the organisers and will be final.
* Any modifications/changes/discontinuation without prior notice in the duration & the schedule would be at the sole discretion of the organisers.
* The personal details you provide may be used to send you information on programmes/ events in your interest area of Nature and Wildlife.
* The organisers will not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications lines failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communication, or any problems or technical malfunction of the Website, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or Website.
* The organisers reserve the right to change, cancel, terminate and/or suspend this contest, without the need to provide any prior notice. It serves the rights to modify, suspend or cancel this contest in the event of technical interference or corruption due to but not limited to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the organisers.
* The organisers reserve the right to disqualify participants found or suspected to have tampered with the Contest through the submission process, during the operation of the contest or violating the contest. The organisers also reserve the right to disqualify or take legal action against any person who it suspects to have infringed any of these terms and conditions and interfered in the contest via fraudulent activities or activities harmful to the contest, its submission process, the website, and the social media pages.
By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and all decisions by the organisers are final and binding. The organisers reserve the right to change, amend, add or delete any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and participants shall be bound by such changes.