National Astronomy Challenge (NAC) is an initiative of STEM Research & Innovation (SRI) to develop interest and competitiveness among the young generation towards 21st-century domains like astronomy & space. For the first time, National Astronomy Challenge (NAC) is available worldwide. Schools from India and overseas are eligible to participate across all boards.
The NAC is designed and developed by academic experts equipped with qualifications as astrophysicists and engineers to develop interest and competitiveness among the young generation towards 21st-century domains like astronomy & space.
• An excellent platform to build and measure your knowledge against others in the subject like astronomy in a fail-safe environment. Dig deep down into astronomy and space and become better at it – and it‘s fun.
• It is not just an Olympiad; it is an engagement of 4 months with participants and mentoring them to compete to be the better and the best.
For more information, please visit: www.nationalastronomy.org
Participation Criteria: -
• Students of Grade IV (4th) to Grade IX (9th)
Note: -Participants will get access to world class content prepared by experts in astronomy and space sciences, to help students learn and enjoy the learning process.
Rewards & Recognition
• 1st and 2nd highest achievers from each grade will be recognized as “National Champions”. National Champions would represent their school, along with their school coordinators, for a 3-days experiential astronomy camp and award felicitation at Chennai. The national champions will get an opportunity to visit ISRO Facility at Sri Harikota and get to meet inspiring leaders and academicians whose guidance set them up for the success.
• 3rd and 4th highest achievers from each grade will get a free registration in “Cosmic Kids Club” in the batch commencing from July- December 2021. Cosmic Kids Club is an initiative by STEM & space to nurture the interest and passion of young minds in the area of Astronomy & Space.
• “Certificate of merit” will be awarded to every participant securing 75 & above percentile.
• “Certificate of participation” will be awarded to each registered participant.
Access to free self-paced DIY workshop- Each registered participant will also get a free access to self-paced DIY astronomy/space specific workshop, designed by STEM & Space. The access to the free workshop will be provided to each registered participant from Oct 2020.
• Last date of registration is December 31,2020.
• Each registered participant will be required to upload their school id (must have picture and current grade). If current year id is not available than last year id will be applicable (must have picture and grade)
This is an excellent opportunity for your children to get exposure to an international level challenge, while stimulating their passion to be astronomers of the future. Your child is one step closer to traverse through an amazing astronomical gateway and witness a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Wishing you all the best and learning!