We have started our public walks with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our walks. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests. Walks will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a tour guide system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
#ChemburChurcha by Khaki Tours
In the 1920s, Bombay’s town planners developed a series of ‘garden suburbs’, meant to offer an idyllic lifestyle within commuting distance from the city. Prime among them was Chembur, whose only ironic claim to good connectivity was as a stop on the railway line originally meant to ferry Bombay’s garbage to its outskirts. Here, a catholic welfare society settled, thrived, and gave the neighbourhood a distinct look and feel that just about barely survives to this day as redevelopment takes place all around. Join us on a socially distanced walking tour to uncover the stories of the Chembur garden suburb, a world away from its ‘gas chamber’ reputation.
Date: 29th November 2020
Time: 8.00 AM
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Distance: 1.5 Km
Start Point: IDFC First Bank, Central Avenue, Opp. OLPS Church, Chembur
Ticket: Rs. 499/-
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING.
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the walk:
- The English countryside comes to Bombay
- The patron saint of lost things
- The great wall of Chembur
- A school built by its own students
- The Mithi’s lesser known cousins
- Chor Gully
- A hundred year-old sample flat
- And of course, the church around which our ‘churcha’ revolves
For more information, feel free to call us at 8828100111 or follow Khaki Tours on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Terms & Conditions :
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 1.5 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.