We have started our public walks with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our walks. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests. Walks will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a tour guide system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
#MendhamsPoint by Khaki Tours
The first English graveyard in the city came up on the southernmost tip of Bombay island, a distance away from the fledgling town, and was called Mendham’s Point. From this Land’s End, one could see the Colaba island at a distance. Once the Fort of Bombay came up, the graveyard became a security risk and was relocated. Once the Fort walls came down in the 1860s, development work in the area began and it was transformed into an upmarket precinct. Explore this 'haunt' of the rich and famous on our #MendhamsPoint heritage walk.
Date: 28th November 2020
Time: 4.00 PM
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Start Point: Campion School, Mumbai
Ticket: Rs. 499/-
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING.
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the walk:
- A Public hall where Parsis got priority
- Rail line that ran beyond Churchgate
- Commemoration of the French defeat
- The original bandstand
- A cathedral with gorgeous murals
- A “Bengali” who fought for women’s health
- First AC theatre of Asia
- A museum that was once a hospital
- First traffic park
- Dance of the sea horses
- The final munity before independence
- And of course… The Mendham’s Point!
For more information, feel free to call us at 8828100111 or follow Khaki Tours on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Terms & Conditions :
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 1.5 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.