IAS Pune – Pandharpur – Pune Devotional Ride
Pandharpur Wari or Wari (Vari) is an annual yatra (pilgrimage) to Pandharpur - The Palkhi of the Hindu god Vithoba in the Indian state of Maharashtra, in honour of the deity. The tradition is more than 700 to 800 years old which is a March on foot from two main locations Alandi (Pune) & Dehu (Pune) in Maharashtra to the Vithoba temple located at Pandharpur, attracts a total of over a million pilgrims.
Indo Athletic Society has organized the seventh edition of the Pandharpur Devotional cycle Wari. Mainly for those who are unable to attend the traditional Wari (march on foot). IAS – Indo Athletic Society is committed to working for the Nobel cause of community health & environment through sports. With this Cycle Wari we wish to spread a message for the betterment of our health and environment. Especially when it comes to air pollution, cycling is what proves to be one of the best modern-age solutions.
Grab this opportunity to join the unique “Pune – Pandharpur – Pune Devotional Ride” and “Be a part of Solution Not A Pollution”.
Day - Saturday 03rd June 2023 & Sunday 04th June 2023
Time reporting- 3.45 am at Bhakti Shakti , Nigdi
You can join us at any below-given gathering point from Pune.
- 3:45 am Bhakti Shakti Chowk ( Gathering Point 1 )
- 4:10 am - Nashik Phata ( Gathering Point 2 )
- 5:00 am - Nobel Hospital Corner, Hadapsar ( Gathering Point 3 )
Who can Participate: Only those who are capable to ride with speeds above 16 km/hr are advised to participate.
The distance you have to complete is 250 km from Dehu or 230 km from Nigdi or 200 km from Hadapsar in one day so those who have confidence then only participate.
We will have a lot of headwinds while returning so both way participant need to practice to riding against headwinds
kids are allowed ( On Parent's responsibility) if a parent's done registration.
Things to Carry -
- Helmet (You won’t be allowed to ride without Helmet).
- Reflective jacket.
- Headlights and taillights will be must, it will be good if you have power backups (power banks).
- Puncture kit. with at least 2 extra tubes.
- Nutrition (Electrolyte pouches and energy bars enough to ride this long-distance)
- Medicines, handy First aid kit.
Participants will get:-
- Cycling T-Shirt with Back Pocket
- Finisher T-Shirt
- Night Stay Arrangement at Pandharpur ( sharing basis )
- Day 1 Food. ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner )
- Day 2 Food. ( Breakfast & Lunch) Only for both-way registered participants )
- Event Medal.
- Goodie Bag.
- Participation e-Certificate.
- Backup Vehicle Support.
As limited seats are available, please confirm your participation ASAP.
Thanks & Regards,
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org