Thank you for your interest in this event co-curated by CAREspaces & SNS Arts Development Consultancy! Please fill out the following responses to confirm your RSVP. Please note that for those who RSVP, you may qualify for potential pro-bono legal resources!
Hosted by CAREspaces & SNS Arts Consultancy as part of a 5-part ONLINE event series - "I'm A Professional Too"
Date & Time: Sunday, November 7th
8:30pm - 10:30pm IST
10:00am - 12:00pm EST
7:00am - 9:00am PST
Session 4 Event Description:
Having the means and access to advocate for your safety, intellectual property, and value is essential to professional conduct. This advocacy calls for knowledge and access to legal resources, which can often feel intimidating and inaccessible for various reasons. This sessions aims to decrease such barriers by empowering you with simple tools to negotiate and demand accountability. We will be answering common FAQs in three areas of law while exploring the avenues to access legal help in the context of challenging situations related to IP, financial, sexual, and ethical misconduct in the Indian arts.
Please note that everyone's situation is unique and different, and conversations in this session should not be interpreted as legal advice.
Content warning: Sexual & nonsexual workplace misconduct, boundary-setting.
Session 4 objectives:
- Honest answers to common FAQ in 3 domains of law (Indian jurisdiction) - IP, Misconduct, Breach of Contract
- Breakdown barriers to accessing legal resources and understand common mistakes that are made by those filing cases in each domain of law
- Explore hypothetical case studies to illustrate tangible and actionable legal next steps
What Is the "I'm A Professional Too series:"
“I’m a Professional Too,” aims to help our Indian Arts community identify actionable, realistic, and socially/culturally aware professional practices within this space. This series is for every stakeholder of our community - artistes, connoisseurs, parents, students, teachers & organizers. We believe every member has a responsibility in enforcing professional conduct.
Sessions within this 5-part series will discuss the various facets to professional conduct.
- Session 1: (Re)Define Workspaces
- Session 2: Protect your Creative IP
- Session 3: Value your Work
- Session 4: Know your Rights
- Session 5: Draw your Boundaries