Wharton India Economic Forum ("WIEF") is an annual student-run business conference focused on India. We showcase Indian stories, opportunities, challenges, and insights from prominent business and political leaders. The forum is in its 26th year, and the theme for this year is The theme is “Transforming India Inc.: For India and Beyond." The idea is to have an engaging discussion on how India is beginning to emerge at the center stage of the global economy (much beyond the traditional supporting role for the world) as well as moving leaps and bounds ahead on the domestic front. The conference will be held virtually over 2 days from January 7th to January 8th 2022. The conference will run from 7th January 18:00 to 20:00 and 8th January 09:00 to 17:00.
Conference Speaker Line-up: (please visit https://www.whartonindia.com for full agenda)
Jan 7th, 2022
Fireside chat (6PM IST)
J. Scindia (Ministry of Civil Aviation) - moderated by Udai Dhawan (Founding Partner & Head of India, Affirma Capital)
Panel discussion: "Sports: The new frontier of India Inc." (7PM IST)
- Sidharth Shakdher (CMO, Hotstar)
- Mustafa Ghouse (CEO, JSW Sports)
- Prakash Padukone (Veteran Badminton Player)
- Moderated by Sumit Sinha (Co-founder, Filter Capital)
Fireside chat (7:45PM IST)
Fireside chat with Harsh Jain (CEO and Co-founder, Dream Sports) - moderated by Sumit Sinha (Co-founder, Filter Capital)
Jan 8th, 2022
Panel discussion: “Technology 3.0" (9AM IST)
- Ashneer Grover (Founder, BharatPe)
- Pradeep Parameswaran - (CEO, Uber APAC)
- Padmaja Ruparel (Founder, India Angel Network)
- Srinivasu MN (Founder, Billdesk)
- Moderated by Sandeep Singhal (Founder, Nexus VC)
Panel discussion: “Bridging the talent gap" (10:30AM IST)
- Amitav Mukherji (CHRO, ITC)
- Amrita Padda (CPO, Airtel)
- Anuradha Razdan (VP HR, Unilever South Asia)
- Phalgun Kompalli (Co-founder & MD, Upgrad)
- Nupur Garg (Founder, WinPE)
- Moderated by Priyanka Aggarwal (MD and Partner, BCG)
Panel discussion: "Reinventing incumbents" (12PM IST)
- Suparna Mitra (CEO, Watches and Wearables, Titan)
- Gaurav Dalmia (Chairman, Dalmia Group Holdings)
- Moderated by Karan Singh (MD, Bain & Company)
Wharton India Startup Challenge (1:30PM IST)
Wharton India Startup Challenge (WISC) is a rewarding platform for startups to connect with and present to the leading investors and industry experts in the Indian ecosystem. Since its inception, WISC has grown 20x and been a successful stage for companies like MyPetrolPump, Itilite, Credenc, Ketto, Zostel, and BabyChakra.
Fireside chat (4:15PM IST)
Dr. Karan Thapar (Journalist & News Presenter, The Wire) - moderated by Venkat Badinehal (MD, RBC Capital Markets)
- The ticket allows participants access to both the Wharton India Economic Forum and the Wharton India Startup Challenge Finals.
- For more information and schedule updates please check out the event website at https://www.whartonindia.com
- Please send any ticket-related questions to email@example.com.
As organizers, a successful conference for us is one in which the audience is engaged. Therefore, we would like to appreciate attendees who demonstrate high engagement levels. We measure such engagement in various ways including time spent at the conference (as registered by Zoom / Webex) and quality of questions asked. Every day, we will select one attendee who we felt was fully engaged in the events. This attendee will receive a complimentary gift from the WIEF team as a token of our appreciation. We will reach out to the winners via the emails used to log in to the sessions.