About the Artist:
My name is Niranjan (@soulflowart). I am an artist who works with the medium of traditional pen and ink. I combine my love for travelling and storytelling to share compelling stories that have inspired me and will inspire my audience to follow their dreams and live their lives to their fullest potential.
According to me staying patient and through the process is most important quality an artist needs to have. This single quality helps us to create drawings that breathes life and stands out from others. Drawing this way is also a very meditative experience and helps us tune into our presence, an experience I try to create through my sessions. Besides workshops, I also hold my personal coaching group, where I mentor aspiring artists One to one.
Fundamentals of pen drawing
- Participants will learn the basics of mark making with pens, how to use the material, add tones and create depth bringing in effects of light and shade.
Creating Basic illustrations
- Building on the fundamentals, participants will refine their techniques through practice of geometric shapes and some basic illustrations.
Understanding portrait fundamentals
- Participants will learn the fundamentals to creating a realistic portrait through lessons in facial anatomy and skin tones.
Draw along the Buddha
- Building on the foundations of Session 1, 2 and 3 participants will draw a realistic looking portrait of the Buddha with Pen.
Those who haven't attended the first two sessions can draw along using a pencil.
- Participants will learn the techniques to create realistic looking textures of granite, rocks, wood etc.
In this final session participants will use all the knowledge they have gained through attending all the previous sessions to create a Realistic looking portrait sculpture of the Buddha built using granite
What are the materials they need to participate in?
Please note- these are just the ideal preferences, any participant with even a pencil and regular pens can participate and find value from this workshop.
Seats available: 20
Date: January 23rd, 24th, 30th & 31st 2021
Ticket Cost (per person): Rs. 3499/- (All sessions) or Rs.649/- per session
Duration: 15 hours (6 sessions)