Learn Contract Drafting & Negotiation from top legal practitioners!
Contract drafting is the most important skill in the legal industry. The legal industry faces a lot of time-sensitive contracts that need to be drafted. However, not all contract drafting jobs are the same and it's important that you understand how contracts are drafted in different roles.
Contract drafting and negotiating has become an irreplaceable skill that lawyers need to master. Whether you want to work as a litigating lawyer, corporate lawyer, in-house counsel, or in any other field of law, you should be able to clearly draft and negotiate your agreements.
After intensive perusal and deliberations with the Partners from top tier law firms, Bettering Results (BR) curated this specialised course dedicated towards mastering Contract Drafting & Negotiation.
This 6 Weeks Certificate Course will help you in drafting all types of agreements including Employment Agreement, IT specific agreements, Shareholders Agreement, Loan Agreement etc. This is a great course for those looking to get started with contracts and the law in general or excel in it.
This course has been attended by over 2300 practicing advocates, In-House Counsels, IAS Officers, CA, CS, law students and other working professionals in the past.
Companies that we have had participants from include Reserve Bank of India, Hindalco Industries limited, GMR Group, Powergrid Corporation of India Limited, Aditya Birla Finance Ltd, Adani Road Transport Limited, L&T Financial Services, Cybercity builders and developers Pvt Ltd, Om Infra Ltd, Gayatri Projects Limited, Cashfree Payments, L&T Defence, and JB Pharmaceuticals etc. and law firms like Khaitan & Co., DSK Legal, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas etc.
The weekend batch starts on December 10, 2023!
Join our next batch now to stay ahead in your career!
INSTRUCTED BY THE LEADING CORPORATE LAWYERS:
1. Abe Abraham, Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
2. Shashank Mishra, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
3. Amruta Kelkar, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
4. Ramya Suresh, Partner, AZB & Partners
5. Rashneet Kaur, Principal Associate, Khaitan & Co.
6. Avani Dalal, Principal Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ?
Module 1: Basics of contract, essential elements of a contract & Important differences.
Module 2: Drafting of pre-contractual Instruments like term sheet, letter of intent etc.
Module 3 & 4: Drafting of various important clauses in a contract
● Parties Clause (individual, company, sole proprietorship etc)
● Definitions & Interpretation Clause
● Reps and warranties
● Condition precedent or subsequent
● Term, termination, renewal and survival clauses
● Assignment and change of control clauses
● Confidentiality and non-disclosure clause
● Indemnification clause
● Force majeure clause
● Non-compete clause
● Contract Breach and Execution
● Other boilerplate clauses
● Annexure & Schedules
● Signature pages
● Any other important clause required
Module 5 To 10: Drafting of following important contracts/agreements:
Module 11: Basics of Negotiation including common negotiation techniques.
Module 12: Breach of the contract and the remedies available including specific performance.
Module 13: Learn how to review contracts in your job
Module 14: Practice exercises to excel in contract drafting
DURATION: 6 Weeks starting from December 10, 2023
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR ?