#AutomATAhon19: Hackathon for testers
Are you ready to take on the toughest test automation challenge?
#ATAGTR2019 is continuing the #AutomATAhon tradition that was started for the first time in 2017. This is the 3rd edition of the competition. Meant for testing community to participate in an automation challenge (Hackathon)
In fact, the competition is meant not only for the testers but all the testing organizations too.
So, If you are into automation and you are ready to showcase your and your organization’s automation capability this is the competition to be a part of.
Remember there would be live application scenarios and live automation challenges up for grab. Jury members would be there to evaluate and moreover you get to participate in #ATAGTR2019 as conference delegates.
For the #ATAGTR2019 website and the competition page please see the following URL
This will be held on 13th December 2019 and will act as a pre-cursor to #ATAGTR2019
Date: 13th December 2019
Timings: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
9:30 – Introductions and Rules
10:00 am to 1:00 PM – AutomATAhon (live application, live testing, live automation)
Lunch -> 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
2:00PM to 5:30 PM -> Jury Evaluation, presentations and demo
Registration fees: INR 30,000/- (+taxes) per team. This fee entitles the team members a conference pass to #ATAGTR019 for both the days.
What would you get
• The winning team of the competition will be provided 100,000 INR (One Lakh Indian Rupees)
(The winners will be announced on 15th December at the Closing ceremony of #ATAGTR2019), along with a team trophy and certificate for each team member)
• 1st Runner Up and 2nd Runner up teams will get a team trophy and individual certificate (Results will be announced on 15th of December 2019)
• Every team and their member names and photos will be showcased on #ATAGTR2019 website
• Every team (all team members) get entry to #ATAGTR2019 (both days) at no additional cost
• Every team member gets a participation certificate
• Every registered team organization will get 2500 leader board points
• Winning team organization wins 10,000 Leader board points
• 1st Runner up and 2nd Runner Up team organizations wins 7000 and 3000 Leader board points respectively
Rules – #AutomATAhon19
1. It is a team event (a maximum of 5 members in the team). The team can be of a minimum 1 person or a maximum of 5 people. (Registration fee and the winning amount remains same irrespective of the team size)
2. The problem statements will be provided to all the teams at the start of the event along with a hook to a GIT repository. Participants have to automate the problem statement and hook with a CI system like Jenkins.
3. Participants will have to carry their own laptops and tools
4. Participants can use any tool or internal framework, participant should be able to run and demonstrate test execution either on ATA machine or their own in case of any connectivity or proprietary issue.. Participants would be using the internet during the competition
6. Participants are suggested to carry their own internet dongles (although the internet facility is being planned, but due to concurrent bandwidth consumption, the official internet connectivity may be slow or drop completely)
7. One person can be part of only one team
8. One organization can nominate as many teams as they want
9. Teams will not be allowed to talk to each other during the competition
10. Participants can also form a cross-organization team (which means that team members can be there from different organizations)
11. The evaluation will be based on the following points
• Quality and stability of automation
• Ability to modify tests (changes, addition, and deletion of test scenarios)
• The speed at which changes can be incorporated
• Speed of execution
• Maintenance effort required for automation
• Integration smoothness with CI tool
• Integration with other shift left / continuous testing tools
12. Jury’s decision would be final
13. TDS on prize money applicable as per Indian Tax Rules