Contract drafting and negotiating has become an irreplaceable skill that lawyers need to master. Whether you want to work as a litigating lawyer, corporate lawyer, in-house counsel, or in any other field of law, you should be able to clearly draft and negotiate your agreements.
After intensive perusal and deliberations with the Partners from top tier law firms, Bettering Results (BR) curated this specialised course dedicated towards mastering Contract Drafting & Negotiation.
This 6 Weeks Certificate Course will help you in drafting all types of agreements including Employment Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, Loan Agreement, Rent Agreement etc.
INSTRUCTED BY THE TOP CORPORATE LAWYERS:
1. Mr. Anthony Clarence, Partner, Trilegal
2. Ms. Roshnek Dhalla, Counsel, Khaitan & Co.
3. Mr. Siddharth Marwah, Principal Associate, Khaitan & Co.
4. Mr. Bishen Jeswant, Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
5. Mr. Sandeep Bhalothia, Head, Legal Affairs, Augmented Era, Dubai
6. Mr. Shantanu Jindel, Partner, JSA
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ?
Module 1: Basics of contract, essential elements of a contract & Important differences.
Module 2: Drafting of pre-contractual Instruments like term sheet, letter of intent etc.
Module 3 & 4: Drafting of various important clauses in a contract:
● Parties Clause (individual, company, sole proprietorship etc)
● Definitions & Interpretation Clause
● Reps and warranties
● Condition precedent or subsequent
● Term, termination, renewal and survival clauses
● Assignment and change of control clauses
● Confidentiality and non-disclosure clause
● Indemnification clause
● Force majeure clause
● Non-compete clause
● Contract Breach and Execution
● Other boilerplate clauses
● Annexure & Schedules
● Signature pages
● Any other important clause required
Module 5 To 10: Drafting of various important contracts/agreements:
- Sale & Lease deed
- Loan Agreement
- Partnership deed
- Leave and License agreement
- Employment Contract
- Non-disclosure Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement
- Mortgage Deed
- Power of Attorney
- Post contractual agreements (including amendment agreement or novation agreement or supplementary agreement)
- Cloud Computing Services Agreement
- Software development agreement
- Contract manufacturing agreement.
- Supply Agreement
Module 11: Basics of Negotiation including common negotiation techniques.
Module 12: Breach of the contract and the remedies available including specific performance.
Module 13: Contract Review
DURATION: 6 Weeks starting from October 8
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR ?
- Law student
- Practicing Advocates
- In-house counsels
- Anybody interested in learning Contract Drafting.
- Weekend only sessions
- Live & Interactive sessions with the instructors
- Q&A round with the instructors
- Recording accessible for 1 year
- Templates of important agreements provided
- Certificate on completion
- Real world assignments and feedbacks by experts