- Visapur Fort Trek is one of the most thrilling day treks that passes from different villages, trails, and a stunning waterfall. The picturesque Fort is located near the village of Visapur and was built as a twin fort to the famous Lohagad fort is of its kind experience for thrill-seekers and trek enthusiasts. This trek is a perfect escape away from the crowded cities into the wilderness and mountains that keep calling you again and again.
- This trek is majorly conducted during Monsoons when there is greenery all around, the trees smell fresh, the cool breeze hits your face and clouds look like heaps of cotton candy it all together gives you a heavenly experience and refreshment which one needs to de-stress on weekends. A lot of people trek towards the fort on weekends, especially from Pune, Mumbai, and Lonavala due to its close accessibility. The Visapur Fort trek all takes about 2 hours from its base village trail to reach the summit for experienced trekkers.
- It was Built in the year 1713-1720 CE by Balaji Peshwa, The first Peshwa of the Maratha Empire it was built much later than the famous Lohagad fort but at a hill much above the Lohagad Fort. This fort was not much accessed and hence till today it has some remains of the ancient architecture and Peshwa empire ruins that attract history buffs every year.
- The fort has a huge carving of Lord Hanuman establishing that he was The Deity of the kingdom but the fort couldn't be intact since there were attacks on it by neighboring villages in order to expand their kingdom. The Britishers also attacked the Lohagad fort by placing cannons at the Visapur Fort thus conquering both the forts in 1800 AD. The fort is now taken care of by the Tourism Department of Maharashtra and remains a favorite trekking destination during the monsoons.
- A content creator's aesthetic dream when it rains, the trek gives you a feeling of walking through the clouds and gives peace to the mind and soul. This twin fort can be accessed via three routes-one from Patan Village, one from Bhaje Caves, and the third one from Gaimukh Khind. The trails are all full of greenery during the monsoon and barren during the rest of the year. The route towards the fort gives you an idea about how powerful the Maratha Kingdom was because of the resources available at this height.
- Visapur Fort Trek is a moderate elevation trek and is located at 3567ft. above sea level providing a spectacular view of its surroundings. It is suitable for beginners and gives you a great first-time experience. Accessible from Pune, Mumbai, and Lonavala easily via railways this fort is a history lover's window into the past era and one can easily imagine the grandeur it must-have during the Maratha Empire's reign. The fort has caves, streams of water, a decorated arch, and some old houses. The interiors of the fort can be explored and can take a good 2 hours.
Visapur Trek Information:
Height: 1,084 m (3,556 ft)
Fort Trail: Fort trail
Length: Approx. 3 km
Location: Malavli, Maharashtra 410406
Distance from Mumbai: 103 km
Distance from Pune: 60 km
Distance from Lonavala: 15km
Lohagad Fort: Lohagad fort is easily reachable by taking a small detour on the same route and is great for shots and photography.
Bhaje Buddhist Caves: There are a few natural caves that are accessible and this is one of them that is more than centuries old.
Pawna Lake: Pawna lake and dam is a famous spot for camping and water activities for tourists visiting Lonavala from Mumbai and Pune. You can get easy accommodation at Pawna Lake
Aamby Valley city: Built with the idea of high tech, an exclusive city this place has a lot of private bungalows, houses, and some amazing activities with a scenic view to offer.
Karla Caves: These caves are famous for their Chaitya cave known as the hall of the period with some unusual carvings that are known to be dating as old as 160 C.E.
Lonavala: A popular weekend getaway this hill station is a favorite amongst Mumbaikars and Punekars situated amidst lush green mountains with some easily accessible hotels and food.
July: 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st
August: 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th
September: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Malavli Station: Rs 699/-
From Mumbai Via our Transport:
05:00 AM: Report at Borivali national park
05:30 AM - 07:30 AM: Pickups from (Malad, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Kharghar, Kalamboli McD) - Check the reporting point details given below for timings
10:00 AM: Reach base village
10:30 AM: Have breakfast
11:00 AM: Start our trek to the summit via the waterfall route
02:00 PM: Reach Visapur Fort
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM: Relax and explore the fort
03:30 PM: Start descending via the same route
05:30 PM: Reach Base Village
06:00 PM: Have Lunch
07:00 PM: Start your journey to Mumbai
11:00 PM: Reach Mumbai
From Mumbai Self:
05:30 AM: Take INDRAYANI EXP ( 22105 ) from CSMT to Lonavala
07:58 AM: Reach Lonavala
08:20 AM: Take Lonavala to Pune local and get down at Malavli station( first stop)
08:28 AM: Get down at Malavli station and start walking towards the base village
09:00 AM: Have breakfast
10:00 AM: Start our trek to the summit via the waterfall route
01:00 PM: Reach Visapur Fort
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM: Relax and explore the fort
02:30 PM: Start descending via the same route
05:00 PM: Reach Base Village
05:30 PM: Have Lunch
06:28 PM: Take local from Malavli station to Lonavala
07:30 PM: Take INDRAYANI EXP (22106) to CSMT
10:00 PM: Reach Mumbai
PUNE TO PUNE
06:30 AM: Take Lonaval local from Pune station
07:37 AM: Reach Malavli Station
08:00 AM: Start walking to the base village
08:30 AM: Have breakfast
09:00 AM: Start our trek to the summit via the waterfall route
12:00 PM: Reach Visapur Fort
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM: Relax and explore the fort
01:00 PM: Start descending via the same route
02:30 PM: Reach Base Village
03:00 PM: Have Lunch
05:00 PM: Depart for Malavli Station and take Pune local train
Travel from Mumbai if opted
Breakfast & Tea
Lunch ( Veg Thali )
First Aid Charges.
Travel till pickup points
5% Gst on booking tickets
Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not included in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Any kind of Insurance
05:00 AM: Borivali National park
05:30 AM: Samta nagar police station, Kandivali
05:45 AM: Sufi Irani Cafe, Goregaon
06:00 AM: Hanuman Road Bus Stop Andheri
06:20 AM: Kalanagar Bust Stop, Bandra
06:30 AM: Neeta Volvo, Sion
06:40 AM: Mankhurd Vashi Link Road
07:10 AM: Vashi (under the bridge)
07:25 AM: Nerul LP
07:40 AM: Kharghar station
07:55 AM: Kalamboli McD
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
Water 2-3 liters.
Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
Sweater For bus journey
Electoral or Glucose D powder.
Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
Proper face mask or shield
Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
Things to do at Visapur Trek:
Like most people trekking to this fort, the best part is to walk via lush green forests to reach this preserved treasure of ancient history.
The Bhaje Buddhist Caves are a piece of art and are worth exploring since they are on the way to the Summit. By climbing around 200 steps you can reach into these 22 rock-cut caves that date back to the 2nd century BC.
The remains of the old Mahadev Temple serve as a window into the rich history of the Maratha and how they worshipped Lord Shiva and followed his preaching.
There is a vast horse-driven flour mill with its grinding stone still in place reminding us of how many people lived in this kingdom indicating the amount of food required to be ground.
The magnificent Lohagad fort conquered by The Great Chhatrapati Maharaj Shivaji but was given during a treaty is a massive structure and can be visited via a small detour on the same path.
While climbing Visapur Trek one can see the Pawna Lake and Dam and upon reaching the top a beautiful view of the sun is all one needs to relax after this hectic trek. Availability of Food and Water: Since it is a small village fort there are simple Maharashtrian dishes like Misal Pav, Vada Pav, and Puri-Bhaji available only till Bhaje Village. After that, it is a mountainous trek and hence no food is available. There are no resources for water and hence you have to carry your own 2 Litre water bottle.
How to reach Visapur Fort:
The Fort located closest to Malvali station is easily accessible by train, road, and air. It is well connected to the Mumbai-Pune route and can be easily accessed via road as well.
By Rail: The closest railway station, Malvali is about 10 km from the fort and one can easily get autos to get to the fort from the station. There are daily trains from Pune, Lonavala, and Mumbai stations to reach Malvali. This is the easiest and safest way to reach the fort and is opted for by most trekkers. The nearest major train station is Lonavala and one can also travel from there.
By Road: Its proximity to the Mumbai-Pune highway makes it easily reachable from Paud via Kolvan and Dudhiware Khind. Those who want to enjoy a long drive on their two-wheelers or four-wheelers can also reach here via their vehicle which is an easy-to-find route. It takes about 1.5-2 hours to reach Visapur fort from Pune and 2-2.5 hours from Mumbai via major highways.
By Air: For trek enthusiasts willing to travel from different cities to this unique waterfall trek the nearest airport is Pune airport and you can hire a personal taxi or vehicle from Pune. It takes about the same time to reach as via road from Pune. The proposed nearest airport will be Navi Mumbai International airport in the coming future. With the ease to travel and easy accessibility, this trek is not worth missing.
COVID Guidelines :
Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733
The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.