This edition of the Potpourri Challenge is unique. After spending the last few months indoors, it’s time to lace up and try running outdoors. Currently running outdoor in large numbers, in Corona times, is not advisable. So, we are breaking up the event into a multi-stage event. The format of Potpourri Challenge is group-based, hence we have decided to divide the event into multiple stages. Each running group will run on a route in their vicinity on a particular day (as mutually decided with respective group admins).
The event will take place in June, July & August. The date of the event for the respective groups will be announced later.
10Km (6:00 am start, Cutoff time 90mins, age 18yrs & above)- 400/-
5Km Run (6:15 am start, age 18yrs & above)- 400/-
The registration fee is non-refundable. However, registration transfer to the fellow runner is allowed until 5 days before the event day.
Finisher medal, Timing certificate.
Additional running accessories which are optional like Sipper and Mask can be purchased online at extra cost (on a discounted price) from T10 Sports by clicking on the link- link will be added soon
The purchased items will be couriered to your address.
Prizes & Rewards:
The Potpourri Challenge 2020- Winning Group will be selected on the basis of performance & participation.
The trophies and points will be calculated as per given below table
This is Amateur Running Contest so we have set a disqualification criteria as per the table below:
Rules & Guidelines-
- Date of the event for the respective group will be decided after discussion with group admin
- This is a timed event. Participants will receive timing through SMS after the run is over.
- Final results will be announced after the event is conducted for all the participating groups.
- Runners will participate in only one distance category and for one group
- There will be gender and age-based categories.
- Registration is open only for respective Group members. Group admin can get ‘name of group’ listed for registration by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A running group should field a minimum of 20 members.
- It is not mandatory to represent both distance categories for a group to participate in.
- Gathering size on any event location will be between 50 and 200 participants
- All physical distancing rules will be followed strictly
- If the groups are small size then more than one group may be invited to run on the same location
- Last-minute bib exchange is not allowed
- Bib number transfer is not allowed
- No Tea. Water will be available only for refilling the sippers
- Sanitizer bottles will be available. You may still carry a small personal bottles
- ParleG biscuits will be the only pre & post-run snacks.
Precautions for running outdoors in Corona times-
- Group admins are requested to manage & maintain the required physical distance among participants and help to organize team on the event day.
- Mind the gap (2 meters) and cover the face with a mask or bandana
- Namaste, Flying kiss or Air high five from a distance (without contact) are your new ways to greet buddies.
- Carry your own sipper/ water bottle and energy drink. You simply can’t share it with others.
- Avoid spitting and watch out not to step on it.
- Avoid running on the shoulders of the road, these are either dirty or you may find people walking on the sides.
- Keep the mask on for sure when you see someone coming in your direction. You may take it off on deserted stretches.
- When running with a companion (one or more), avoid taking off the mask while chit-chatting and maintain the gap while running.
- Before entering your home, take the shoes off at the doorstep, splash water on the soles, and leave there these to dry.
- High hygiene standards are the only way to keep Corona at a bay and keep running outdoors.
Guidelines on how to run wearing a mask will be added here and emailed to all runners, very soon.
Queries may be addressed to email@example.com
I affirm and state that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for participating in the designated race. I have been certified to be physically fit by a licensed medical practitioner and agree to indemnify the organizers its agents, employees and associates, the organizing committee and other persons connected to the event against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities, claims or proceedings arising out of any misstatement and/ or misrepresentation made herein.