#RottenRow by Khaki Tours
The credit for developing a prosperous walled town called Bombay into a city of international standards goes to a visionary Governor called Sir Bartle Frere. In 1865, he took the decision to demolish the Fort walls, and expand the city to the west. The money made during the cotton boom greatly aided his vision for the city - Urbs Prima in Indis - and on the open grounds of the Esplanade beyond the Fort walls came up the Gothic buildings that would do justice to the vision. On our new walk, #RottenRow, we take you on a tour of Frere’s vision, following a riding track that used to go around the Oval Maidan.
Date: 15th February 2020
Starting Time: 4.00 PM
Starting Point: Western railway headquarters opp Churchgate station
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Distance: 2 Kms
Ticket Price: Rs 499/-
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
- Last station Churchgate (not!)
- X and 0
- The Greek God of cinema
- Governor’s Row
- Spinning the wheel
- Bapu ke bapu
- Windmill by the sea
- Do deviyaan - Kshama aur Insaaf
- Where traffic parks
- A Bengalee in Mumbai
- Fuller’s folly
- Eating Air
- Mother of the Cotton King
- Bandstand before Bandra
- And, of course the Rotten Row
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (8828100111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter.
Terms & Conditions :
• Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 2 hours.
• Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
• The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
• All participants will be given a tag with their name on it and it should be displayed till the end of the event.
• The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
• Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
• Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
• We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
• In case of adverse weather conditions, the event organiser has the right to reschedule the event