#ParsiBazar by Khaki Tours
The Fort of Bombay was once divided into a European quarter in the south and a native quarter in the north. The native quarter was where the wealthy Indian merchants resided in various community enclaves. At the northern end of the Fort was the Bora Bazar , the enclave where the Bohri Muslims resided, and towards the centre of the Fort, the Parsi Bazar which had the residences of the wealthiest of Parsi families whose legacy we see even to this day. Join Team Khaki as we take a journey through the Fort's ‘posh’ native quarter to discover the remnants of this bustling enclave and what it has transformed into today.
Date: 19th January 2020
Starting Time: 4.30 pm
Starting Point: Starbucks, Horniman Circle.
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Distance: 1 Kms
Ticket Price: Rs. 499/-
- The Go-Go man
- The Parsi teetotallers
- A lane known for spirits of both kinds
- A beef market in Bombay
- The lane of barbers
- The only Saraswati temple in Mumbai
- A Gujarati speaking Bengali
- The birth of city's first museum
- The communist corner
And of course...The first office of the Tatas!
Terms & Conditions:
• Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 1 km in approx 1.5 hours.
• Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
• The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
• All participants will be given a tag with their name on it and it should be displayed till the end of the event.
• The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
• Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
• Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
• We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
• In case of adverse weather conditions, the event organiser has the right to reschedule the event .