Brace yourself to find the breathtaking panoramic view of the Kodachadri Hills in Valur, Karnataka. The 1343 meter altitude where the hills are situated at has a dense forest around. Every year the peak is explored by thousands of people. Whet your stamina to climb the tricky terrains on this 2 day trekking trip from Bangalore and reach the top of the hill where you will be able to grasp the enormous stretches of the Western Ghats.
Journey from Bangalore
Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
* Reach base camp at 7am, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
* Post breakfast, start trekking to Hidlumane falls first and later proceed further to the peak of Kodachadri, along with your lunch packed.
* Explore the thickets and the panoramic views from the top & start descending back Descend after some time and reach the homestay.
* Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
Overnight stay at homestay.
Return and Departure
After breakfast, head out to Nagara fort. Witness the ancient beauty protected well at the fort & head to Jog falls.
Following after lunch, begin the return journey.
Back to Bangalore with lots of memories.
Total Trek distance: 11 Kms, Level of Trek : Moderate. Descending Jeep can be accessed
Things to Carry
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip
Transportation, Forest permission Accommodations.
Meal: 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, snacks, 1 dinner.
Bonfire(if weather permits) First Aid, Entry to Jog falls
Jeep, personal expenses
lunch/dinner during travel
Friday 8.00 pm
PICK UP POINTS
Koramangla (Sony junction): 8.30 pm
Domlur junction / EGL park: 8.45 pm
Vivekananda Metro Station: 9.00 pm
Hebbal/Manyatha Tech Park: 9.30 pm
Gorguntepalya Metro Station: 10.00 pm