We have started our public walks with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our walks. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests. Walks will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a tour guide system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
#DurgasOfMumbai by Khaki Tours
Feminism may sound like a new-age idea in India today, but the movement emerged in Mumbai in the 19th century, even if in a small way. The catalyst for Indian feminism was the precinct of Gamdevi. Its location at the edge of the Native Town in close proximity to the new European area of Malabar Hill brought about a confluence of Indian and Western thought. In the 19th-century and early-20th-century, pioneering women from this part of town broke the shackles and barriers imposed by a patriarchal society to forge their own paths in diverse fields - medicine, art, education, philosophy, politics, music, theatre, business and social service - enabling the women of Mumbai of today to enjoy the freedoms they do. Hear their inspiring stories on our Dussehra-special #DurgasOfMumbai walk.
Date: 25th October 2020
Meeting Point: The Royal Opera House, Girgaon
Time: 9:00 AM
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Distance Covered: 1 Kms
Rate: INR 499 /-
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING.
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the walk:
- Indian voice in outer space
- Cookbook with curative recipes
- Lady who rocked the shipping world
- Making dance respectable
- Tagore’s first love
- The secret of ‘Glow of Hope’
- Pioneer of children’s theatre
- Bollywood’s first actresses
- The Malala of the 19th century
- And, of course, the city's oldest Durga Pujo pandal
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (8828100111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter.
Terms & Conditions :
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 1.5 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.