Thank you for your interest in this event co-curated by CAREspaces & SNS Arts Development Consultancy! Please fill out the following responses to confirm your RSVP.
Hosted by CAREspaces & SNS Arts Consultancy as part of a 5-part ONLINE event series - "I'm A Professional Too"
Date & Time: Sunday, April 25th, 11:00am - 1:00pm EST || 8:00am - 10:00am PST || 8:30pm - 10:30pm IST
Session 3 Event Description:
This session encourages all stakeholders in the Indian Arts spaces to acknowledge the importance of valuing work. We will establish how our panel of artistes value their work and ensure they are appropriately compensated for their efforts. We will also identify situations in which that compensation is lacking. This session helps outline the cultural nuances of the arts economies of the Indian performing arts spaces and its several stakeholders (performers, teachers, students, connoisseurs etc.).
Session 3 objectives:
- Understand the building blocks of the arts economies that run this space
- Evaluate the tradeoff between exposure/reputation versus intrinsic monetary value of your art
- Assessing and valuing your art and subsequently negotiating apt compensation
Content warning: Sexual & nonsexual workplace misconduct, boundary-setting.
What Is the "I'm A Professional Too series:"
“I’m a Professional Too,” aims to help our Indian Arts community identify actionable, realistic, and socially/culturally aware professional practices within this space. This series is for every stakeholder of our community - artistes, connoisseurs, parents, students, teachers & organizers. We believe every member has a responsibility in enforcing professional conduct.
Sessions within this 5-part series will discuss the various facets to professional conduct.
- Session 1: (Re)Define Workspaces
- Session 2: Protect your Creative IP
- Session 3: Value your Work
- Session 4: Draw your Boundaries
- Session 5: Know your Rights