IAS Pune – Pandharpur – Pune Devotional Ride
Pandharpur Wari or Wari (Vari) is an annual yatra (pilgrimage) to Pandharpur - The Palkhi of the Hindu god Vithoba in the Indian state of Maharashtra, in honour of the deity. The tradition is more than 700 to 800 years old which is a March on foot from two main locations Alandi (Pune) & Dehu (Pune) in Maharashtra to the Vithoba temple located at Pandharpur, attracts a total of over a million pilgrims.
Indo Athletic Society has organized the Fourth edition of the Pandharpur Devotional cycle Wari. Mainly for those who are unable to attend the traditional Wari (march on foot). IAS – Indo Athletic Society is committed to work for the Nobel cause of community health & environment through sports. With this Cycle Wari we wish to spread a message for betterment of our health and environment. Especially when it comes to air pollution, cycling is what proves to be one of the best modern age solutions.
Grab this opportunity to join the unique “Pune – Pandharpur – Pune Devotional Ride” and “Be a part of Solution not Pollution”.
Day - 22th June 2019 & 23rd June 2019
Time reporting- 3.45 am at Bhakti Shakti , Nigdi
Venue – You can join at any below given gathering point from Pune.
- 3:45 am Bhakti Shakti Chowk ( Gathering Point 1 )
- 4:10 am - Nashik Phata ( Gathering Point 2 )
- 5:00 am - Nobel Hospital Corner, Hadapsar ( Gathering Point 3 )
Who can Participate: Only those who are capable to ride with speeds above 16 km/hr are advised to participate.
Distance you have to complete is 230 kms ( From Nigdi and 200 km from Hadapsar) in one day so those who have confident then only participate.
First timer for long distance & kids not allowed.
Things to Carry -
- Helmet (You won’t be allowed to ride without Helmet).
- Reflective jacket.
- Head lights and tail lights will be must, it will be good if you have power backups (power banks).
- Puncture kit. with at least 2 extra tubes.
- Nutrition (Electrolyte pouches and energy bars enough to ride this long distance).
- Medicines, handy First aid kit.
Participants will get :-
- Night Stay Arrangement (sharing basis) .
- Day 1 Food. ( Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner )
- Day 2 Food. ( Breakfast & Lunch only for both way registered participants )
- Event Medal.
- Goodie Bag.
- Participation e Certificate.
- Backup Vehicle Support.
As limited seats available, please confirm your participation ASAP.
Thanks & Regards,
Contact - email@example.com