#GrislyGirgaon by Khaki Tours
During the 18th & 19th century, Mumbai used to face the east as most people entered and exited the city from the port area. Hence, the inconsequential west coast was called the ‘Back Bay’. Plots along the rocky sea face were acquired by various communities to bury or cremate their dead as they were considered to be away from the town. As the town grew, the paddy fields and coconut groves in the area were converted into a residential zone that we call ‘Girgaon’. It is here that these new citizens had some old neighbours to deal with, a little too old! So, join us on our first ghost walk to see how the dead and the living interact with each other on a day to day basis.
Date: 18th January 2020
Meeting Point: Saifee Hospital, Opp. Charni Road Station.
Time: 10:00 PM
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Distance Covered: 2.5 Kms
Rate: INR 899 /-
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
For more information, feel free to call us at 8828100111 or follow Khaki Tours on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Highlights of the walk :
- A trapped European soldier
- The Chawl of ghosts
- The dead waiter who won’t allow the business to prosper
- Early morning bath of the water nymphs
- A ghost who protects you from ghosts
- The grave that likes butter offerings
- Haunted horse stables
- The ghost who tickles
- Story of the ass curse
- And of course, the legendary ‘Mankapya’ of Khotachi Wadi!
Terms & Conditions:
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 km in approx 2.5 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- All participants will be given a tag with their name on it and it should be displayed till the end of the event.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- In case of adverse weather conditions, the event organiser has the right to reschedule the event.