#DeePeeCee by Khaki Tours
A plague struck the city of Mumbai in 1896. It caused many deaths, but also a few births - that of the first planned developments in the city. Up in the north of the island city, far from the congested areas of the Fort and the Native Town, the suburbs of Dadar, Matunga, Sion and Mahim came up to decongest the city. A Parsi cooperative housing society leased around a hundred plots in the upcoming suburb of Dadar. And around these plots grew the largest Zoroastrian enclave in the world. Our new walk #DeePeeCee explores this enclave, fondly called DPC by its residents, and tells stories around the D, P and C of it - Dadar, Parsis and the Colony.
Date: 16th February 2020
Starting Time: 8.00 AM
Starting Point: Mancherji Joshi Statue, Cafe 792
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Distance: 2 Kms
Ticket Price: Rs 699/-
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the walk :
- Persepolis in Parsi Colony
- The school built on a foundation of newspapers
- The ‘model’ building
- Happily married cottages
- Palaces of two kings
- Parsi surnames funnier than Sodabottleopenerwala
- Maharashtrian marriages with Parsi witnesses
- Tennis court for cars
- And, of course, the Parsi ‘baug’ without a boundary wall
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (8828100111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter.
Terms & Conditions :
• Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 2 hours.
• Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
• The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
• All participants will be given a tag with their name on it and it should be displayed till the end of the event.
• The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
• Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
• Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
• We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
• In case of adverse weather conditions, the event organiser has the right to reschedule the event.