Registration for Circuit Breaker Virtual Run is closing on 1 June, Monday @ 2359 hours. Submission of your run data has to be completed by 7 June, Sunday. Thank you for your participation.
COVID-19 has greatly disrupted our lives and we must stay united to get through this trying period. In support of Singapore government’s circuit breaker measures to stem the community spread until 4 May 2020, this Circuit Breaker Virtual Run hopes to foster healthy living lifestyle in our sporting community. You are kindly reminded to strictly maintain good social distancing while outside. This is an initiative between Orange Room and Ideas Room Consulting. Latest Update: Circuit Breaker measures has been extended to 1 June 2020 and therefore, registration will close on 1 June too.
“We may be down but we are not out”, that’s our battle cry.
During the “Circuit Breaker” period, dedicate one day to do a minimum 5KM run or schedule three runs on three different days for a total 5KM distance – you decide. Capture your run on your GPS tracking device and submit your run data, one or three data to earn our uniquely designed tee and medal. If you prefer indoor activity which we can understand, you can use your step counter (pedometer) to measure your distance. As long as you hit 7,500 steps on your pedometer which is equivalent to 5KM distance, we will recognize the result.
Lastly, we would like to say a big ‘Thank You’ to all the healthcare workers who have been working tirelessly at the frontline of the epicentre. The sporting community stands united to fight alongside with them by playing our part in keeping ourselves safe and healthy. We will prevail for we are #sgunited!
• Unique Race Medal
• Limited Edition Dry-Fit Run Tee
1. Register for the event
2. Set up GPS run app & start running
3. When run is done, save the data
4. Repeat step 2 & 3 to start second & third run
5. Submit all run data on the given link in your confirmation slip by 1 June 2020 before 2359 hours
6. Medal and tee will be mailed out latest by early July 2020
7. The registration fee includes complimentary postage to those who live in Singapore & Malaysia only. Postage fee of S$10 will be levied on participants residing in the rest of the countries in Asia.
8. There will be no refund after registration has been confirmed.
9. The registration rate excludes 6% of payment gateway and processing fee.
1. What do I do after I have signed up?
The duration is in sync with the “Circuit Breaker’ period from 7 April to 1 June 2020 which means you can choose a date within the given window to clock your run on your GPS tracking device. You can choose any outdoor venue but for your own safety, you are reminded to avoid crowd. You can do your walk or run indoor using your step counter or pedometer to count the steps. If you achieve 7,500 steps which is equivalent to 5KM distance, the result can also be admitted. If you are running on treadmills, take a screenshot of the run result and submit to us.
2. When do I receive my medal and tee after I have submitted my run data?
The last day of submission of your run data is on 4 May before 2359 hours and medals & tees will be mailed out in the month of June 2020. Submission after 4 May will receive race items after month June but no later than July 2020. Since Circuit Breaker period has been extended to 1 June, the registration will also close on 1 June but those who submit after 4 May will receive their medals and tees in the month of July 2020.
3. What type of run app is accepted?
It can be your STRAVA, Garmin or any type as long as it is GPS-driven, rest assured we will accept. However, we assume you are the person and not another person running based on the submitted run data to us. We will conduct random check on submitted run data.
4. Is there a time frame to complete the minimum 5KM run?
There is no time frame to complete. You can walk or run and in between take nice scenery shots, it does not matter. It is important you enjoy the walk or run.
5. How many times can I run and what is the run distance?
You can do one run or three runs on three different days for a total combined distance of 5KM. This is easily achieved by many and our overall aim is to inspire everyone to get started. You can run longer than 5KM though and that’s the way to go.
6. Can I choose to run indoor?
Absolute yes, given current Circuit Breaker measures. If you are running on your treadmill machine, just take screenshot of the distance covered and submit to us.
7. How do I know if I will receive my medal and tee?
Once race data is verified, medal and tee will be posted out based on the mailing address submitted at the time of your sign up. The onus is on you providing the correct address to us.
8. Who do we refer to if we face difficulty with our submission or seek further clarification?
PARTNERS & SPONSORS