“What are our teams working on?” “How well does our execution match our stated strategy” “Are we as an organization efficient, effective, and predictable?” Leaders across most organizations want to know the answers to these questions.
- This workshop is for anyone who has asked these questions or wants to help the organization find the answer to these questions. This class will help you set up a Kanban system that allows your organization to continuously inspect and adapt the value delivery process. You will gain greater visibility into what team(s) across the organization are working on and what is in the way of getting value delivered.
- After attending the course, learners will be able to :
- Set up systems that provide transparency into what teams are working on
- Evaluate if the current work maps to the overall stated strategy
- Manage the entire portfolio on a regular cadence
- Quickly understand the reasons that are preventing work from making progress
- Predict when higher-level objectives would be met
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve the efficiency and predictability of the process
- Validate if the organization is being effective by delivering the right things
Who Should Attend
The Applying Scaled Portfolio Kanban course is for anyone looking to bring the benefits of Kanban to every level of the organization. If you are looking to influence your organization to be more efficient, effective, and predictable, this course will provide you with the tools to achieve those goals. Typical attendees include Heads of Departments, Agile Coaches, Project Managers, Development Leaders, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Product Managers
- Defining and designing a Portfolio Kanban Board
- Understanding how to effectively operate the Portfolio Kanban system
- Reconciling active work with stated strategy and vice-versa
- Visualizing, managing, and removing dependencies as well as blockers to work
- Forecasting completion dates for items across the Portfolio
- Improving the performance of the entire organization by leveraging data
After taking the course, you will have an opportunity to validate that you understand scaling Kanban topics. We will invite you to take an online assessment that evaluates your understanding and provides you with guidance on areas to improve. Should you pass the assessment, you will receive the “Scaled Portfolio Kanban” (SPK) certification and will be issued credentials through Credly.