Sharanya Narayani International School (SNIS) is organizing a Marathon (run/walk) on the 25th of January 2020 to raise funds for Karunashraya, a Bangalore based Hospice Trust.
Bangalore Hospice Trust – Karunashraya is a joint project of the Indian Cancer Society (Karnataka Chapter) and the Rotary Club of Bangalore Indiranagar, to provide free professional palliative care for advanced-stage cancer patients who are beyond cure. They work on improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Karunashraya’s main mission includes providing compassionate palliative care for people with a life-limiting illness, and for those important to them, through quality medical, emotional, spiritual and social support.
So, please come forward in large numbers and be a part of this initiative.
- The run is being done for a beneficial cause. The money raised from the marathon will be donated to Karunashraya
- The purpose of this run is to make contributions and help people who are beyond cure.
- To raise awareness in students and adults about donating to places like Karunashraya and other places that help people with terminal cancer.
A UNIQUE RUN THROUGH THE WOODS
SNIS Run for Care is no ordinary marathon as it is not going to be conducted in traffic- ridden, congested roads of Bangalore. It is going to be on a path created within the 60-acre green campus of SNIS giving you the opportunity to run through the woods and reconnect with nature, an experience many of us have lost in our busy lives. The track will be like a nature-walk, serene and free of pollution giving you the opportunity to enjoy the bird song. This makes our run one-of-a-kind in Bangalore and probably in India too!
Date: Saturday, 25 Jan 2020
Race Categories: 5K Run, 3K Run, 3K Walk
Minimum Age: 8 years for all race categories
Location: Sharanya Narayani International School Campus.
232/1, Thoranahalli, Byranahalli Post, Near Hoskote, Bangalore – 563130
Participants should appear for collecting the bibs in person. If anyone other than the participant is collecting the bib, the participant must send a duly signed letter indicating that the bib can be handed over. Bibs can be collected on dates mentioned below after showing the registration confirmation email (soft/hard copy) and proof of age for verification along with Photocopy for submission.
From Jan 18th to Jan 24th at SNIS campus reception
- On the 25th of January at 6.30 am
The BIB allotted to the participant is non-transferable and request for cancellation and thereby, refund will not be entertained.
Reporting Time on Saturday, 25 Jan 2020:
7:00 am (If bib is not collected prior to event day)
7:30 am (If bib has been collected prior to event day)
Flag off Timings
Flag off timing: 5K run – 8:15 A.M
- Flag off timing: 3K run – 8:30 A.M
- Flag off timing: 3K walk – 8:40 A.M
Registration cost: Rs 600 / person for all race categories
Run for Care T-shirt
- Participants who finish the run will get a medal and e-certificate
- Refreshments + en route hydration + post run breakfast
- Medical assistance
- Free Parking
If you are unable to run, you can contribute to the cause by purchasing a Run for Care T-shirt for Rs. 500.
Registrations will close on 15 January 2020. We may close the registrations early if all the running slots are filled.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- One participant can only participate in one race category
- Minimum Age: 8 years for all race categories. Parental consent needed for participants below the age of 18
- Medals will be given to all participants who finish the race.
- E-certificates of participation will be provided.
- Bare-foot running is not advisable since it is a track in the woods.
- This is not a timed run.
- There will be no cash prizes for the finishers.
- As we are a part of the green earth campaign, water will not be provided in single -use plastic bottles. Kindly bring your own bottle which will be refilled for you as needed by our volunteers or water will be provided in glasses at the venue and several locations along the running/walking track.
- You are to participate only in the race category for which you had applied and for which your entry has been confirmed.
- Your entry and running number bib and/or bib tag is not transferable to any other person under any circumstances.
- Participants are not allowed to run with pets, unregistered runners or babies/children who are under aged for the designated category.
- Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the medical personnel.
- Runners will not be allowed to stay on the course beyond the cut-off time considering the safety and health issues.
- We request total co-operation from runners in this regard.
- The decision of the Race Organisers will be final and binding.
- The event organiser reserves the right to modify the Date, Venue, Distance, Race Start time and other changes related to this event at any given point of time.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The information given by me/my ward in this entry form is true & me/my ward is/am solely responsible for the accuracy of this information;
- Have fully understood the risk and responsibility of participating in ‘SNIS Run for Care’ event and will be participating entirely at my/his/her risk and responsibility;
- Understand the risk of participating on a track in the woods including falls, contact with other players and effects of weather such as high heat or humidity.
- Understand that I/my ward must be of, and must train to, an appropriate level of fitness to participate in such a physically demanding event and I/my ward have obtained a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner, allowing me to participate in the events;
- For myself/ourselves and our legal representatives, waive all claim of whatsoever nature against any and all stakeholders associated with the event, such as the directors, management all political entities, authorities, official, all contractors and construction firms working on or near the course etc. Employees, agent and respective of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims that might result from me/my ward participating in the event and whether on account of illness, injury, death or otherwise
- Agree that if I am/my ward if injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer/s any detriment whatsoever, I hereby irrevocably authorise the event official and organisers to at my/our risk and cost, transport me/my ward to a medical facility and or to administer emergency medical treatment and I/my ward waive/s all claim that might result from such transport and/ or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. I shall pay or reimburse to you my/my ward’s medical and emergency expenses and I/my ward hereby authorise you to incur the same;
- Shall provide to race official such medical data relating to me/my ward as they may request, I agree that nothing herein shall oblige the event official or organisers or any other person to incur any expense or to provide any transport or treatment;
- In case of any illness or injury caused to me or my ward or death suffered by me or my ward due to any force majeure event including but not limited to fire, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquake, storms, typhoons or any terrorist, none of the sponsors of the event or any political entity or authorities and official or any contractor or construction firm working on or near the course or any person or entities associated with event or the directors, employee, agents or representative of all or any of the aforementioned shall be held liable by me/my ward or my/my ward’s representative;
- Understand, agree and irrevocably permit SNIS Run for Care to use my/my ward’s photograph which may be photographed on the day of the event, for the sole purpose of promoting SNIS Run for Care, at its own discretion;
- Understand, agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organisers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety;
- Understand, agree that all confirmed registrations are non-refundable
- Understand, agree for any reason if I cannot turn up on race day, no refund of any form will be given
- Shall not hold the organisers and all/any of the event sponsors responsible for loss of My/his/her entry form and / or entry fee transit; for any loss of personal belongings during the participation in the event
- Everyone who registers will get a t-shirt. Please note that size availability is based on a first come, first served basis