Wharton India Economic Forum ("WIEF")
is an annual student-run business conference focused on India. We showcase Indian stories, opportunities, challenges, and insights from prominent business and political leaders. The forum is in its 25th year
, and the theme for this year is "India: Self-Reliant. Resilient. Reignited."
The conference will be held virtually over four days – January 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th between 5:00PM - 8:00PM IST.
Conference Speaker Line-up: (please visit https://www.whartonindia.com for full agenda)
Fireside chats / Speakers
- P Chidambaram (MP Rajya Sabha, Former Finance Minister of India)
- Nisaba Godrej (Chairperson, Godrej Consumer Products)
- Nitin Gadkari (Minister of MSME, Road Transport & Highways)
- Sunil Munjal (Chairman, Hero Enterprise)
- Kunal Bahl (CEO and Co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Manish Sabharwal (Chairman and Co-founder, TeamLease)
- Dipali Goenka (CEO and Joint MD, Welspun India Ltd.)
- Nitin Paranjpe (COO of Unilever, ex-CEO of Hindustan Unilever)
Panel 1: “Indian Pharma - The Road Ahead”
Satish Reddy (Chairman, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories)
- Nilesh Gupta (MD, Lupin)
- Sudarshan Jain (Secretary General, Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance)
- Moderated by Priyanka Aggarwal (Partner, BCG)
Panel 2: “Technology for Bharat - Enabling 1.3Bn Indians”
Amitabh Kant (CEO, NITI Aayog)
- Sandeep Naik (MD and Head of India & Southeast Asia, General Atlantic)
- Ajit Mohan (MD, Facebook India)
- Vidit Aatrey (Founder and CEO, Meesho)
Panel 3 : “How to Make India a Global Sporting Powerhouse”
- PV Sindhu (Badminton Player, Olympic medallist)
- Sudhanshu Mittal (VP, Indian Olympics Association)
- Mahesh Bhupathi (Retd. Tennis Player, Grand Slam winner)
- Abhinav Bindra (Sport Shooter, Olympic medallist)
Wharton India Startup Challenge (9th January)
Wharton India Startup Challenge (WISC)is a rewarding platform for startups to connect with and present to the leading investors and industry experts in the Indian ecosystem. Since its inception, WISC has grown 20x and been a successful stage for companies like MyPetrolPump, Itilite, Credenc, Ketto, Zostel, and BabyChakra. WISC will be held virtually on January 9th.
- The ticket allows participants access to both the Wharton India Economic Forum and the Wharton India Startup Challenge Finals.
- For more information and schedule updates please check out the event website at https://www.whartonindia.com
- Please send any ticket-related questions to email@example.com.