Virtual Walk 5: #KalaGhoda by Khaki Tours
The south-western corner of the Fort of Bombay transformed into a prominent public square after the Fort walls were demolished in the 1860s. A statue of the Prince of Wales in bronze riding a horse installed on the square gave the square a name that continued to be in use even after the statue was removed - Kala Ghoda - and still continues to this day. On our #KalaGhoda virtual heritage walk, we explore the square and the buildings that came around it and talk about its transformation into Mumbai's premier arts district.
Date: 24th October 2020
Starting Time: 11.00 am
Venue: Online on Zoom
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Ticket Price: Rs. 399/-
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the virtual walk:
• Birth of Bollywood
• ‘Bombay Fornicator’ Chairs
• Walking the Rope
• Cradle of Indian Constitution
• Regal Rampart
• Forbes’ House
• English Market
• Queen’s Declaration
• The Royal Shed
• Deccan Dome
• Endowments of ‘Readymoney’
• And of course… the Kala Ghoda!
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (88281 00111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter
What You Need To Get Started:
- An internet connected computer, laptop, or mobile.
- Zoom app downloaded on your computer, laptop, or mobile. You can download the zoom app from https://zoom.us/download.
- A webcam (optional)
- Zoom link / ID and Password to join the virtual walk. The Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees on email 45 minutes before the start of the virtual walk.
- Please check your spam folder if you haven't received it.
- To join the virtual walk, click the link in the email received from KHAKI Lab.
- You will be directed to the Zoom website and from here you will need to click ‘Open URL:Zoom Launcher’.
- If you are new to Zoom, a pop up box will open asking you to complete your registration. Please enter your details in this box and ensure you use your full name so that the virtual walk host can identify who has joined the virtual walk.
- If you already have a Zoom account, you can just sign in to Zoom to join the virtual walk.
- If you are asked to sign in to your existing Zoom account and you have forgotten your password, select the “Forgot?” link and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the virtual walk window isn’t loading, close your browser and try to join the virtual walk again. Be sure to accept or approve any alerts requiring your approval to install the Zoom application, and turn off any pop-up blocker that could be preventing the Zoom virtual walk window from opening.
- In case you may have any bandwidth issues, it is advised that you keep your video off.
After joining virtual walk on Zoom:
- When you have joined the virtual walk, please ensure you have a working speaker so that you can hear the presentation/audio.
- Please ensure that your microphone is on mute. If not so then the host of the walk will be allowed to do so on your behalf.
- You can check and manage your audio in the audio section of Settings (Windows) or Preferences (Mac).
- Q&A will take place after the walk.
- All questions to be typed on chat.
- You can type your question in the chat section (To Everyone) so that the presenter and all attendees can see who has asked it.
- Once you have sent your question, the speaker has the option to either answer your question live or by text.
- We recommend that before you sign in to the virtual walk on time, please spend at least 15 minutes checking that you have the correct system requirements.
- You will waste time if you do not do this in advance of the virtual walk as we will start promptly at 11 am IST. Since this is a paid virtual walk, we will not be able to make refunds due to system access (All details about system requirements for zoom can be found https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux).
- One ticket gives access to one person, please do not share the meeting link, ID and Password with other people. If an unregistered person is found attending the virtual walk, he/she will be removed from the virtual walk.
- Walk starts at 11.00 am IST sharp. Late entrants will not be admitted.
Terms and Conditions:
- Age limit: 12 and above.
- The right of admission is reserved with the organizer.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the walk.
- The event organizer has the right to reschedule the walk.
- The recording of this event may be posted online at a future date.