Training workshop on “Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules. Mandatory Declarations on Label, Advertisement, TVC & E-commerce on June 28th, 2018
Guest: Shri. B. K. Zavare, Hon'ble Asst. Controller - Legal Metrology, Mumbai Region, Mumbai.
About: There is a lot of confusion and lack of clarity after the recent amendment introduced in the LM Act. Industries are facing a lot of challenges in their business. This training workshop is designed to provide detail information on “Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules. Mandatory Declarations on Label, Advertisement, TVC & E-commerce.
- Introduction and overview.
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of Packaged Commodities, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-package commodities, labeling of retail package, wholesale/multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel,
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines and penalties, adjudication for “misbranded” food, criminal prosecutions, judgement of high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Q & A.
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand all the mandatory requirements for labeling of various Packaged Commodities, Advertisement, TVC, & E-commerce portal.
- Develop, review and suggest correction on a label of food, non-food product and E-commerce portal. Identify and rectify any misleading information on the label.
- Defend any false allegation regarding misbranding, misleading and non-conformance in the product label and E-commerce portal.
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Judgements of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
Study materials will be provided to the participants.
Highly useful for: Manufacturer, packer, importer, designer, advertiser, advocates and students
Registration Fees: Rs. 4,000/-
Contact: Ms. Savita Ambarkar @ Mob: 9822607826 [PAYTM]