STEM & Space in collaboration with International Astronomical Search Collaboration
launches ‘International Asteroid Discovery Project’ 2020
Timeline: 14 May- 10th June
STEM & Space is proud to partner with IASC to bring this life time opportunity for students across India. An Internationally Accredited Citizen Science program by NASA and IASC, this project aims to provide students a unique platform where they get one time training by our experts to discover Asteroids of their own. A month-long online program, where students get an international exposure while carving their names in the history of asteroid discoveries.
Are you ready to take your sails out and venture into the bypaths and un-trodden depths of the Universe?
The International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC) is a citizen science program. It provides high quality astronomical data to astronomy enthusiasts and scientists around the world. They are able to make original astronomical discoveries and participate in hands-on astronomy.
STEM & Space aspires to be a leader in space and astronomy education by integrating the STEM principles. We work with schools and communities to encourage and inspire the young generation towards this 21st-century domain. While we offer year-long club and short term, time-bound workshops to school students, we work with communities to engage their children in engaging and hands-on sessions.
In this project, students will be guided by STEM & Space experts where they will receive astronomy data from observatories in real time, and they will be trained online to use software to analyse the data and make original discoveries of asteroids. Workshop will be followed by a month-long participation phase where students can work remotely on their computers to analyse the data, using the procedures learnt at the workshop, under continuous support and mentorship from experts.
This project will enable students to understand the concepts of astronomy and how it is applied, through firsthand experience.
Achievement and Recognition
1. International Project
2. Explore Real Telescope Data
3. Discover & observe asteroids and Near Earth Objects (NEO)
4. Each participating student will receive international certificates on completion, from IASC and NASA.
1. Students of class 6 to 12
1. 35 teams, (2 students per team)
2. Total participation required : 70 students
3. Teams will be formed by students. They can encourage their friends/siblings to join and form teams of 2.
Dates to Remember:
1. Registration begins: 22nd April 2020
2. Registration ends: 3rd May 2020
3. Online Training Workshop: 6th May 2020
4. Doubt clearing session: 7th May 2020
5. Month- Long Campaign: 14th May - 10th June 2020
Mode of Project: Online
For more details please visit: http://stemandspace.com/iadp/
If you have any queries, please contact us on 8506955554/7 or write to us : email@example.com