SAVE INDIA’s POOREST FROM COVID LOCKDOWN DEVASTATION
India’s street hawkers, petty job holders and daily-wage workers are the worst affected due to the situation caused by Covid19 pandemic. There are thousands who have been thrown out of their jobs, or have no income coming at the end of the day to feed their families. The rickshaw wallahs, cobblers, road side hawkers, paan wallahs, press wallahs, maids, house helps, construction site workers, plumbers, electricians, workers in small units, delivery boys…its an endless list. The situation is heart wrenching, doubly for those who have already lost their all to Delhi’s 2020 riots in East Delhi.
We are working through a network of volunteers working ON GROUND for relief of Daily Wagers in DELHI, NOIDA, GURGAON, GAZIABAD and MUMBAI
As a parallel project, we are supporting Delhi Violence victims in North east Delhi through this extremely difficult time.
With the lockdown our responsibilities and scope of on ground work has drastically increased. Our volunteers are risking their lives to be on the frontline EVERY DAY.
URGENT : We need a steady inflow of funds to carry on the relief operations.
With the central and state governments in India, announcing big fundraisers, our efforts are intended to reach migrant laborers and petty job holders who slip away from the reach of state government and central government grants. We are sharply focusing on :
- Daily Wagers without local ID proofs
- Vulnerable communities of women and abandoned elders
- People who have already lost homes and wages to 2020 Delhi Riots
- People who are confined to their locations without food and medical aid
- Displaced children working at Railway stations, destitutes dependant on alms at Traffic lights, roadside dwellers who were dependent on religious places for their daily meals
Our volunteers work on the ground to reach those whom the state is unable to reach. A very few organizations or NGOs have this critical ability to be on the ground in a situation where personal safety and health of volunteers is at risk
This kind of unprecedented crisis has to be handled in unprecedented methods and we are working day and night to provide help – to the last man / woman standing, those who are the MOST VULNERABLE.
We are providing cooked food, essential medical supplies, dry ration and financial help to hundreds of families in Delhi.
CURRENT FUND DEPLOYMENT PLAN
• 70% towards food and financial aid distribution
• 15% percent towards medical supplies, thermometers, masks, gloves, soaps, sanitizers and social distancing devices
• 15 % as a buffer for livelihood generation post lockdown