is an idea born out of our passion for running, given shape by the observations we’ve had over the years. Runners often face logistical challenges, especially in offbeat runs and off-season runs. And even if accommodations are available, finding one that meets their budget and location requirements can be a daunting task that takes the focus off running. Not to miss, the joy of staying in the middle of nature in a village raised exclusively for fellow runners and their companions is an experience best lived, and not described. The Runners’ Village is a concept village built exclusively for the runners.
The Runners Village is the idea of extending co-running to co-living during the duration of Deccan Ultra (7th to 10th February 2020) in a makeshift village for runners and those who accompany them for the event.
Here’s some more information on the village:
- It will include accommodation for 300 people.
- These will be Eco-friendly tented accommodations with all basic amenities including toilets, charging facilities, sleeping bags/blankets, and food.
- Two meals (freshly prepared) and evening snacks will be provided to all the guests every day during the duration of their stay.
- The village is a temporary community being raised especially for the event. After the event, it shall be dismantled, and its space returned to nature, until next year.
How much is the cost:
Travel and accommodation package for 2 nights 3 days from 8th to 10th February 2020-
Single Occupancy: ₹5750/- per person
Double Occupancy: ₹4750/- per person
Triple/Quad Occupancy: ₹4250/- per person
Travel and accommodation package for 1 night 2 days from 8th to 9th February 2020-
Single Occupancy: ₹4150/- per person
Double Occupancy: ₹3650/- per person
Triple/Quad Occupancy: ₹3250/- per person
- Accommodation for 2 nights 3days
- Travel from Mumbai and back
- Pre Race Dinner
- Morning Tea and Breakfast
- Post Race Lunch
- Evening Tea and snacks
- Post Race Dinner and Party
- Toilets (which we expect you to use responsibly!)
Saturday, 8th Feb 2020
2:30am: Arrival at Base Camp and Tent allocation
03:30-5:00pm: Leisure time / Acclimatisation
05:00-05:30pm: Bib Collection / Evening tea and snacks
05:30–06:30pm: Race briefing & route introduction
07:00–08:00pm: Pre-race Dinner
Sunday, 9th Feb 2020
03:00am: Wake up call
03:50am: Assemble at Race start line – 115km & 80km
04:00am: Race Flag-Off – 115km & 80km
06:10am: Assemble at Race start line – 55km and 30km
06:30am: Race Flag-Off – 55km and 30km
07:00am: Bus leaves for the start venue of 12km Kalsubai Challenge
07:45am: Assemble at Race start line – 12km Kalsubai Challenge
08:00am: Race Flag-Off – 12km Kalsubai Challenge
01:30pm: Cutoff for 30km
06:30pm: Cutoff for 55km
08:00-10:30pm: Dinner and post-race party
09:00pm - Bus leaves from Base camp 'Waki Dam'
10:00pm: Cutoff time for 80km
Monday, 10th Feb 2020
6:00am: Cutoff time for 115km
8:00am – Bus leaves from Basecamp “Waki Dam”
12:30pm – Drop at Andheri
1:30pm – Drop at Dadar
** For 115km runners, finishing by 6am who have opted for travel package too, a separate transport will be provided leaving later in the day.
For only Accommodation for 2 nights and 3 days from 8th to 10th February 2020.
Single Occupancy: 4550/- per person
Double Occupancy: 3550/- per person
Triple/Quad Occupancy: 3050/- per person
For only Accommodation for 1 night and 2 days from 8th to 9th February 2020.
Single Occupancy Tents - 2450/- per person
Double Occupancy Tents - 1950/- per person
Triple/Quad Occupancy Tents - 1550/- per person
Bring your own tent + food - 750/- per person
The above cost includes:
- Morning Tea and Breakfast
- Evening Tea and snacks
- Clean toilets (which we expect you to use responsibly!)
**Lunch on 8th Feb is available on order only, if someone wishes to have at the campsite, they need to inform upon their arrival.
**Valid for 11km, 30km and 50km participants only.
**We have a limited number of single occupancy tents. If you really need one, please let us know well in advance.
While it’ll be darn sad if you are unable to come after making your booking, we understand that you may have other pressing matters. The cancellation policy is quite runner-friendly.
Cancellation Time - Percentage deduction
- On or before 30 days - 20% of the total cost
- Between 30 to 15 days - 50% of the total cost
- On or after 15 days - 100% of the total cost
Other important details
- The Race Flags off from the campsite itself.
- Owing to the limited space, we can only accommodate one guests with one runner. If you have more people joining you, please write to us in advance to check the availability.
- Except for couples, friends, and families requesting double occupancy, there will be separate tents for male and female guests.
- Runners’ Village is available on advance booking only. We strongly recommend you to book your slot for the run and in the village (and of those accompanying you) at the earliest. The village can accommodate up to 300 people. Bookings will close on 1st Feb or when the no. of slots are filled.
For any other queries, suggestions or details, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91-7503680807/+91-9879113145. We usually reply within 24 hours.
Race Website - http://deccanultra.com