Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Trek
Prabalmachi Located near Shedung Phata is the base village for two famous treks Kalavantin Durg and Prabalgad. Prabalmachi Village offers basic camping comforts for the enthusiast with great views. You can see Karnala Fort, Panvel City, Matheran, Irshalgad, Morbe Dam from Prabalmachi and by climbing nearby forts. It is a very popular trekking destination near Navi Mumbai. Lush green forest and excellent trekking opportunities are available around Prabalmachi. Locals take the utmost care of campers by providing homestay or tents with home-cooked food. Pre-monsoon you can see fireflies glowing around the village like a dance of fireflies.
- Prabalmachi night trek difficulty level: Medium
- Region Panvel near Shedung Phata
- Total time required for climbing: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Thakurwadi
- Duration: 1 day and 1 night
- Cost: Rs. 1200/- per person
Kalavantin Trek with Prabalmachi Camping Itinerary
Train Timings from CSMT
- 16:35 CSMT
- 17:04 Kurla
- 17:24 Vashi
- 17:33 Nerul
- 17:55 Panvel
Train Timings from Thane
- 16:48 Thane
- 17:05 Koparkhairane
- 17:17 Nerul
- 17:29 Kharghar
- 17:40 Panvel
Day One - Saturday
18:00 Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter.
18:15 Move towards base village Thakurwadi by private vehicle.
19:00 Reach Thakurwadi and ascend to Prabalmachi village.
22:00 Reach Prabalgadmachi village and dinner.
Day Two - Sunday
05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 Start ascending Kalavantin Durg.
07:00 Reach on top and explore.
08:00 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
09:30 Reach Prabalmachi and have breakfast.
10:30 Descend to Thakurwadi.
12:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move toward Panvel by Bus or private vehicle.
13:00 Reach Panvel railway station and disperse.
Cost: Rs 1200
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Kalavantin Trek is optional, if you don't want to do, you relax at the campsite.
- For Kalavantin Trek proper trek shoes and torch are compulsory. Otherwise will not allow doing the trek.
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by local vehicle.
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent stay on sharing basis with mat and blanket
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & Expertise charges
- Travel cost till Panvel and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.