Time & Location
09 Dec, 12:00 pm – 11 Dec, 7:00 pm
M A H E, Udupi, Karnataka, India
About the Event
NAMMA ADVENTURE RACE 2nd edition is Back with a BANGG.
We’re super excited to host Namma Adventure Race the #1 of 3 races as part of the prestigious Adventure Racing World Series – Asia Series in Udupi, Namma Karnataka supported by Department of Tourism - Udupi and in association with MAHE. We are glad to welcome MAHE on board. The FIRST university in the Country to support Adventure Racing.
Adventure Racing is a multi-sport concept of combining the following sport disciplines: Mountain Biking, Trail Running/Trekking, Kayaking, and Orienteering (Navigation). If you are a Beginner or an elite athlete you are all welcome! Before you read further do check on our first Edition of
Namma Adventure Race along with what is Adventure Racing.
What is Adventure Racing: Click Here
Namma Adventure Race 2021 (Teaser): Click Here
Namma Adventure Race 2021 (Full Movie): Click Here
By now we all really understand that adventure racers like to explore Mother Nature by going to places where others haven’t been before, to feel tough by taking on endurance distances either by MTB, on foot, or on a kayak … and to take on the world by facing the hard and sometimes unforgiving elements of the weather, whether it’s a scorching hot day, rain pouring down hard or a gusty wind that’s testing your guts and spirit all you can expect in one race which we love so much. And to top it all off, the orienteering part of it just put adventure racers in another league. Excited to experience ?
ARWS ASIA - INDIA CALENDER
- Namma Adventure Race – 9th - Friday ,10th Saturday and 11th - Sunday December 2022
- NthAdventure 100K Challenge – Feb / March 2023
- AR India Championship – June / July 2023
ARWS ASIA SERIES LOG
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 (3+1) is the only category to be eligible to win a free entry to the AR India Championship 2023
- Teams may substitute members with a team roster containing a maximum of 7 team members for the year.
- The log will be updated after each event, see points allocated on LINK.
- All the above-mentioned events will count towards a team’s ARWS ASIA Regional rankings as well
- AR India Championship 2023 is a championship event for India, and winner gets free entry into the Asia Championship - 2023
RACE CONCEPT, TEAM FORMAT, RACE DISTANCE, AND RACE DISCIPLINES
Adventure Race Concept
- Adventure racing is a multi-discipline endurance sport where competitors compete in teams, navigating from control point to control point in several disciplines.
- Disciplines include mountain biking, trekking, kayaking, and orienteering.
- Teams are expected to navigate using a map and landmarks.
- Teams must be able to operate in harsh remote environments in all weather conditions.
- Teams travel throughout the night. They can decide if, when, and where to rest or eat and proceed.
- The first team to complete the whole course, with all the control points visited without any support will be declared the winner.
- Teams are required to complete the entire distance together (always within hearing and visual distance of each other), helping and assisting each other.
- Teamwork and team dynamics are essential. A detailed understanding of your teammates and of your own capabilities is essential and key in the race.
- Teams of 4 members only
- Teams can consist of members of any combination: All Males and/or all Females
- The official category is a premier team of 4-members with ONE FEMALE THREE MALE or THREE FEMALE ONE MALE who will qualify for India & Asia Rankings as well as paid entry to India Championship.
- The race will cover approximately 120 + km’s
- Top teams are expected to finish the course in 12 to 14 hours with the last team in before 24 hours (Rest excluded)
- All teams should be able to finish the race before 12:00 PM on Sunday morning 11th December 2022
- The route scouted so far comprises 75 to 85% of mountain biking, 15 to 20% of trail running / hiking, and 10 to 15% of kayaking (final distances will be confirmed closer to the race date for registered participants only.
- 100% Orienteering
- Mountain biking – Teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads, mud roads, hair pin bends climbs, downhill, tarmac roads and of course hike a bike.
- Trail Running / hiking – This Will involve traveling by foot through rugged terrains, tarmac roads etc
- Kayaking – Kayaking will be on a backwater. Kayaks, paddles, and safety jackets will be provided by race organizers, athletes are welcome to bring their own paddles, PFDs. These kayaks are very stable and suitable for novices (No outside kayaks will be allowed)
- Orienteering – Orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked, and teams are required to navigate using a map and compass.
AWARDS & PRIZES
- The winning team of the Namma Adventure Race 2022 will qualify and win a FREE entry into the AR India Championship 2023 (Premier team Only)
- All finishers to receive a Namma Adventure Race Momento / Medal / Trophy
- Every team will receive Event Ranking irrespective of Team Combination
- All ARWS standard premier Teams will receive INDIA & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- The Winner of AR India Championship 2023 gains FREE ENTRY to Asia Regional Championships in 2023
ENTRY FEE - 24 Hours - ARWS Asia Series
- Early Bird (From 22nd September to 31st October) – Rs. 27,999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
- Regular Entry Fee (From 1st to 20th November 2022) – Rs. 32999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
- Book your slot now pay later (Non-refundable) – Rs. 9999/- (Make complete payment before 1st November 2022)
Entry Fee Includes:
- A full service 24-Hour Adventure Race which forms part of Adventure Racing World Series - Asia Regional Series
- Transportation from HQ to Accommodation and Back
- Stay for 4 People for 2 nights (9th Friday & 10th Saturday)
- Race Logistics Support
- Transition Bags (2 Bags per Team)
- Basic Medical backup and Safety
- Sit on top Kayaks, Paddles and Lifejacket
- Orienteering orientation on 9th December
- Race Garment
- Race Maps
- Race Vest BIB
- Cycling BIB
- Opening Ceremony Refreshments
- Closing Ceremony Lunch
- Event Ranking, INDIA Ranking & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- Amplified adventures with some amazing Surprise elements
- Anything which is not included in the above inclusion
- Cancellations & Refunds:
- No refunds once event entry fee has been paid
- Member substitutions are allowed until 30th, November 2022 with the organizers’ consent only. No additional charges.
- In case of cancellation there will not be any refunds however, transfers of entry fees to any future event upto November 2023
- Should the race be moved due to any reasons, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific race (No refunds at any point)
- No cancellation, however, teams can sell their entry to another teams. The transaction happens between the teams and to be notified.
RACE VENUE, ACCOMMODATION, DATES & TIMES;
- The Race HQ: Mahe, Udupi, KA, India
- Registration, Race Start and Finish: Udupi, KA, India
- Accommodation: TBA
- Nearest Town: Udupi
- Nearest Super Specality Hospital: Kasturba Medical College - 1 KM
- Nearest Super Market: 1 Km
- Nearest City: Udupi
- Nearest Railway station: Udupi 5 Km
- Nearest Airport: Mangalore International Airport – 53 Km
- Nearest Beach: Mattu Beach, Kodi Beach, Kapu Beach, Padubidri Beach and more
Dates & Times:
- 09th December 2022, Friday – Admin Day, Registration & Opening Ceremony
- 10th December 2022, Saturday – Race Flag Off
- 11th December 2022, Sunday – Closing Ceremony
- First 05 lucky Teams will get exclusive accommodation inside the mighty Manipal Campus
- Accommodation Details will be shared only with the participants in first week of December
- Maps supplied can be topographical as well as a google maps
- Maps may be given out as the course progresses *
- It is recommended that teams bring large zip-loc bags (A4 Size) to waterproof maps
- If the map is lost or damaged, it will NOT be replaced by the organizers
- Stationery materials for preparing routes on the map are needed: different colored pens, cello tape, scissors, etc.
- Teams will use a map to locate checkpoints in an order to complete the route
- Bring your own compass
Please make an NEFT/IMPS payment directly from your online bank account into the bank account below (the bank details will also be e-mailed to you).
- Account name: NthAdventure Evento Pvt. Ltd.
- Account no: 510101002103884
- Bank & Branch: Union Bank, Coffee Board
- IFSC: UBIN0907979
- Type: Current
- UPI: NTHADVENTURE@UPI
- Google Pay: Kindly email us
- Paypal: email@example.com (Payment charges to be borne by the Team).
Kindy e-mail proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your ‘team name’ as a reference. We will send you a confirmation email along with a link to submit your team information.
FIND A TEAM
Find a Team: If you want to join an existing team, create a new team, or are looking for members to fill up your team, contact us at email@example.com and we will list your contact details below.
Point Structure, Event Rules & Regulations visit: LINK
More details will be shared with registered teams.
Let's Grow the Adventure Racing Community in India.