The mushrooming of businesses and brands has led to the growth of trademarks law. The growth of Intellectual Property Rights has led to an increase in demand for trademark lawyers in India.
If you are a law student, practising lawyer, CA, CS, etc. interested in IPR laws and especially developing/growing trademark practice, this course is going to cover all practical aspects with live & interactive sessions from top IP lawyers in India.
This 4-week course specialised course on Trademarks Law plunges into the plethora of topics ranging from basics of trademark to registration, removal and rectification and trademark licence agreements.The course also looks at different aspects of trademarks in India including how to get a trademark, how to file a trademark application, how to check if a trademark has already been taken, how to enforce a trademark, trademark in cyberspace etc.
This also offers exclusive benefits like live & interactive sessions, certificates, career guidance and many more!
INSTRUCTORS FOR THE COURSE ARE:
- Bharadwaj Jaishankar, Partner, IndusLaw
- Gaurav Miglani, Managing Attorney at worldwide intellec
- Shireen Dhar, Senior Associate, L&L Partners
- Rajeshwari Hariharan, Founder, Rajeshwari & Associates
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Module 1: Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights
Module 2: Introduction to Trademark, Concepts of well known trademarks, classification search, etc.
Module 3 & 4: Registration of trademarks, procedure for registration of Trademark and drafting of various applications, affidavit, and objections etc. & Opposition Proceeding (Process, Absolute & Relative Ground, Exception to Sec.9, Reply, Hearing & Publication )
Module 5: Removal and rectification of trademarks
Module 6: Trademark Licence Agreement, Assignment and Franchising ( Essentials, Mandatory, Docs. Required, Cancellation, Rights) & Trademark clauses in Contracts
Module 7: Anti Dissection Rule, Trademark Counterfeiting , Doctrine of Fair Use and Trans Border Reputation
Module 8: Infringement and passing off including:
- Cease & Desist Notices
- Civil & Criminal Actions
- Border Measures
- Anton Pillar Orders
- John Doe Orders
- Permanent Perpetual Injunctions
- Damages of Ace of Profits
- Delivery Up and Destruction
- Exceptions to trademark infringement
Module 9: Trademarks in cyberspace
Module 10: Career opportunities in Trademarks Law
Module 11: Free Recorded sessions on Designs Law
DURATION: 4 Weeks starting from December 10, 2022
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR ?
- Law students who want to practice IPR/trademarks law or learn about IPR/trademark law
- Young lawyers struggling to learn the basics and make a career in trademark law
- Lawyers, CA, CS etc. looking to build IPR practice
- Anybody interested in learning about trademark law.
- EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS:
- Weekend sessions ONLY and manageable with college, internship, exams, jobs etc.
- Live and interactive sessions
- Career guidance from the experts
- Recorded video lectures accessible for 1 year
- Reading Material
- Assignments and feedbacks for the practical application of the learning
- Free recorded sessions on Designs Law