We have started our public walks with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our walks. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests. Walks will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a tour guide system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
#RottenRow by Khaki Tours
The credit for developing a prosperous walled town called Bombay into a city of international standards goes to a visionary Governor called Sir Bartle Frere. In 1865, he took the decision to demolish the Fort walls, and expand the city to the west. The money made during the cotton boom greatly aided his vision for the city - Urbs Prima in Indis - and on the open grounds of the Esplanade beyond the Fort walls came up the Gothic buildings that would do justice to the vision. On our new walk, #RottenRow, we take you on a tour of Frere’s vision, following a riding track that used to go around the Oval Maidan.
Date: 18th October 2020
Starting Time: 8.30 AM
Starting Point: Western railway headquarters opp Churchgate station
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Distance: 2 Kms
Ticket Price: Rs 499/-
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING.
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
- Last station Churchgate (not!)
- X and 0
- The Greek God of cinema
- Governor’s Row
- Spinning the wheel
- Bapu ke bapu
- Windmill by the sea
- Do deviyaan - Kshama aur Insaaf
- Where traffic parks
- A Bengalee in Mumbai
- Fuller’s folly
- Eating Air
- Mother of the Cotton King
- Bandstand before Bandra
- And, of course the Rotten Row
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (8828100111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter.
Terms & Conditions :
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 1.5 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.