#RoyalRevival - Arts And Crafts of Sawantwadi by Shraddha & Lakham Sawant Bhonsle
The craft of lacquerware was introduced in Sawantwadi at the end of the 17th century. The craft and the community of artisans both flourished under the royal patronage of the rulers of Sawantwadi. In 1971, Sawantwadi’s last royal rulers H.H. Shivamraje Bhonsle and his wife H.H. Satvashiladevi Bhonsle established Sawantwadi Lacquerwares and led a revival of this dying craft. Sawantwadi Lacquerwares today produces hand-painted and lacquered utility items, board games, Ganjifa cards and playing cards. At our Online Talk #RoyalRevival, Lakham Sawant Bhonsle, the scion of the erstwhile ruling family, and his wife Shraddha talk about their mission to uphold the legacy of their grandparents, the Rajasaheb and the Rajmata, and take it further to realise its full potential.
About the speakers:
Lakham Sawant Bhonsle is the grandson of H.H. Shivamraje Bhonsle. He and his wife Shraddha, both chefs by profession, reside in Sawantwadi where they are working on opening a boutique hotel around the theme of Sawantwadi’s tradtional lacquerware and Ganjifa cards in the Rajwada.
Charges for participation Rs. 199/- (Use code "Discount" to avail 50% discount for students and senior citizens)
Date: 28th November 2020
Time: 7.00 pm
Duration: 1 hour + Q&A
What You Need To Get Started:
- An internet connected computer, laptop, or mobile.
- Zoom app downloaded on your computer, laptop, or mobile. You can download the zoom app from https://zoom.us/download.
- A webcam (optional)
- Zoom link / ID and Password to join the online talk. The Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees on email 45 minutes before the start of the online talk.
- Please check your spam folder if you haven't received it.
- To join the online talk, click the link in the email received from KHAKI Lab.
- You will be directed to the Zoom website and from here you will need to click ‘Open URL:Zoom Launcher’.
- If you are new to Zoom, a pop up box will open asking you to complete your registration. Please enter your details in this box and ensure you use your full name so that the online talk host can identify who has joined the online talk.
- If you already have a Zoom account, you can just sign in to Zoom to join the online talk.
- If you are asked to sign in to your existing Zoom account and you have forgotten your password, select the “Forgot?” link and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the online talk window isn’t loading, close your browser and try to join the online talk again. Be sure to accept or approve any alerts requiring your approval to install the Zoom online talk application, and turn off any pop-up blocker that could be preventing the Zoom online talk window from opening.
- In case you may have any bandwidth issues, it is advised that you keep your video off.
After joining online talk on Zoom:
- When you have joined the online talk, please ensure you have a working speaker so that you can hear the presentation.
- Please ensure that your microphone is on mute. If not so then the host of the meeting will be allowed to do so on your behalf.
- You can check and manage your audio in the audio section of Settings (Windows) or Preferences (Mac).
- Q&A will take place after the talk.
- All questions to be typed on chat.
- You can type your question in the chat section (To Everyone) so that the speaker and all attendees can see who has asked it.
- Once you have sent your question, the speaker has the option to either answer your question live or by text.
- We recommend that before you sign in to the online talk on time, please spend at least 15 minutes checking that you have the correct system requirements.
- You will waste time if you do not do this in advance of the online talk as we will start promptly at 7 pm IST. Since this is a paid online talk, we will not be able to make refunds due to system access (All details about system requirements for zoom can be found https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux).
- One ticket gives access to one person, please do not share the meeting link, ID and Password with other people. If an unregistered person is found attending the online talk, he/she will be removed from the online talk.
- Event starts at 7.00 pm IST sharp. Late entrants will not be admitted.
Terms and Conditions:
- Age limit: 12 and above.
- The right of admission is reserved with the organizer.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- The event organizer has the right to reschedule the event.
- The recording of this event may be posted online at a future date.