International Women’s Day is an annual global event with lofty aim to forge gender equality and above all, to celebrate women’s achievements. Where men can achieve, many women can also achieve and for some extraordinary ones, even more. To realise the goal, women all over the world must be accorded equal opportunities in order to excel in whatever fields they do. To name some, we count the late British’s Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, former Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel and present New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern as some exceptional world leaders representing the fairer gender.
“You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong women” – Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Befittingly, the chosen theme for year 2022 is #BreakTheBias where it is a gender equal world; a world free of bias, stereotypes & discrimination; a world that is diverse, equitable & inclusive; a world where difference is valued & celebrated and together we can forge women’s equality.
Without doubt, we believe wholeheartedly that healthy women are deservedly happy women and vice-versa. Thus, this is a shout out to all women regardless of age or profession, you deserve to live merrily & healthily. On this note, please join us for a 5KM/10KM virtual walk or run in cementing your support for International Women’s Day. As we are still in the midst of an unabating pandemic, virtual walk or run remains the safest option but our concerted message stands loud and clear. Grandmothers, mothers, daughters and sisters out there, let’s put on your running shoes and “break the bias” with a 5KM or 10KM virtual walk or run at your own pace and own time. Last but not the least, remember to keep a safe distance from others and mask up after your activity.
- Uniquely designed IWD 2022 medal
- One digital copy of RUN Singapore magazine
- E-Certificate to commemorate the IWD
- Add-On Purchase
- Limited Edition Mask (Add-On Purchase at SGD$10)
- Limited Edition Event Tee (Add-On Purchase at SGD$15)
One Digital Copy of RUN Singapore magazine
- Participants should receive the entitlement not later than 30 April 2022.
- The onus is on each participant to provide correct mailing address and the organizer cannot be held liable for non-delivery of the race items due to the oversight. A reminder to check your mailing address before submitting your entry.
- In view of the current covid-19 situation, only local courier delivery is available to your registered address at S$3.00 per delivery. Applicable for Singapore delivery address only.
- There will be no refund after booking has been confirmed.
- The registration rate excludes 6% of payment gateway and processing fee.
- For booking enquiries outside of Singapore, please send a mail to email@example.com
- To reduce wastage and support sustainability initiatives, please note that the entitlements are only sent for production after the end of the event (31 March 2022). Your entitlement will be sent to you via courier service once they are ready.
- All prices are in Singapore Dollar (SGD$).
Q1. Do I have to run in two different distances?
A: No, you just need to choose to run or walk in one distance, be it 5KM or 10KM. Of course, the ultra-marathoners can also go for longer distance if they prefer. This is not a competitive virtual race and the run is solely at your own pace as long as you complete.
Q2. How do I clock my run and where do I submit the results?
A: You can use any GPS device to clock your run as proof of your completion and when you are done, you can then submit your result to the link provided at the time of your sign up.
Q3. Is it mandatory to do run outdoor?
A: No, it is not mandatory to run outdoor as we fully understand the current situation and safety is paramount. Our participants can choose to do the run either indoor or outdoor. Just take a screenshot of your run result on the treadmill if you choose to run indoor and submit to the link provided.
Q4. Is this virtual run opened to foreigners too?
A: This virtual run is opened to all nationalities who live in Singapore with a Singapore registered address for ease of courier service arrangement.
Q5. Is there a specified venue that I should run?
A: No, there is no specified run venue. This is a virtual run and you can choose a safe and conducive venue for your run. Safety is always number one priority.
Q6. How do I receive my race entitlement upon completion?
A: In view of the COVID-19 situation, we have included courier delivery at S$3.00 for the delivery of your race entitlement to the address in Singapore provided at the time of your sign up.