The 7th edition of the Garhwal Runs will have the 33 km & the 74 km categories that are the qualifying distances for the 55 km & 111 km LA ULTRA – THE HIGH, due to be held in August 2021.
The upcoming edition of the Garhwal Runs will be very differently organized than the previous editions. We are going through the COVID times and understand the risks associated with travel and large group events and gatherings. Here are some of the basic rules & guidelines you need to go through before you sign up:
1. Taking the Covid pandemic into account, this will be a self-supported event.
2. You will need to get your own crew and car.
3. Only two crew members per runner are allowed.
4. Runners not having their own cars will be given contact details of local travel agency to organize for taxi.
5. If you cheat, you’ll be cheating yourself. If you qualify by these means, you could be risking your life in Ladakh because you wouldn’t have been prepared enough to participate in La Ultra.
6. You’ll need to arrange to get to the start line and getting back from the finish line. We will not be picking you up or dropping you.
7. Even at the finish, we discourage runners to huddle around. Please maintain social distancing at all times.
8. We’ll have a staggered start, with only 5 runners starting together. Make sure you get to the start line on time (30 min before the start time).
9. Your start times will be based on your usual half marathon and full marathon times. Please share those.
10. Your bibs will be distributed at the start line, so please make sure you get to the start line with 30 min to spare.
11. Core Crew will be stationed at the start line, 21km, 33 km, 47 km, 66 km and 74 km (finish) points. We’ll have water and basic food but you are expected to have your hydration and energy foods with you or in your car.
12. From the start time, the following will be cut-off times for these distances: 21 km - 3hr 15min; 33 km - 5 hr; 47 km - 7 hrs; 74 km - 11 hr. If you miss these times, you are officially out of the race. The final decision lies with the official organizers. If you decide to carry on, it’s at your own risk. Also, there is a good chance that no one could be waiting for you at the finish.
13. Unlike the previous editions, we will not be taking any drop bags from runners to minimize the physical contact.
14. This edition is being held on two dates so we can maintain social distancing. For 21st February 2021, we’ll only accept 45-50 entries. As soon as we fill in the spots, we’ll open entries for the next date, which will be a month or so later. We’ll confirm the date later.
15. The distances on the route will be properly marked on the road as in every edition. (unless due to heavy rains the markings fade away)
16. Be aware that weather on this route can change at any time, so be prepared for snow, rain and heat. Remember to pack in the water-resistant outer shell.
17. If your start time is when it’s dark, it is advisable to carry a headlamp too.
18. Our primary interest is your safety.
19. Please respect the race officials as to what they have to say.
This run will put you through testing ascent throughout the distance, running through lush green forests and countryside of Himalayan foothills. Finishing point for the 74 km run will be Dhanaulti TOP. The 33 km run finishes close to Anand Chowk. The route will go through the villages of Kokriyal, Dubhra, Sakalana and Daulagiri.
WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED FOR ENTRY ACCEPTANCE:
I declare, confirm and agree as follows:
(I) The information given by me in this entry form is true and I am solely responsible for the accuracy of this information;
(ii) Have fully understood the risk and responsibility of participating in the event and will be participating entirely at my own risk and responsibility;
(iii) Understand the risk of participating on a course with vehicular traffic, even if the course may be
Regulated / policed;
(iv) Understand that l must be of, and must train to, an appropriate level of fitness to participate in such a physically demanding event and l have obtained a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner, allowing me to participate in the event/s;
(v) For myself/ourselves and our legal representatives, waive all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all Sponsors of the event Dehradun & Dhanolti city, all political entities, authorities and officials, all contractors and construction firms working on or near the course, all Garhwal Runs Committee persons, officials and volunteers, iRun Sports Management Pvt. Limited and all other persons and entities associated with the event and the directors, employees, agents and representatives of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims that might result from me participating in the event and whether on account of illness, injury, death or otherwise;
(vi) Agree that if I am injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer any detriment whatsoever, I hereby
Irrevocably authorize the event officials and organizers to, at my own risk and cost, transport me to a
medical facility and/or to administer emergency medical treatment and l waive all claims that might
result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. I shall pay or reimburse to you my medical and emergency expenses and l hereby authorize/s you to incur the same;
(vii) Shall provide to race officials such medical data relating to me as they may request. I agree that
nothing herein shall oblige the event officials or organizers or any other person to incur any expense or to provide any transport or treatment;
(viii) In case of any illness or injury caused to me or death suffered by me or my due to any force majeure event including but not limited to fire, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquakes, storms, typhoons or any terrorist act, none of the sponsors of the event or any political entity or authorities and officials or any contractor or construction firms working on or near the course, or any of the Garhwal Runs Committee persons, officials or volunteers of iRun Sports Management Pvt. Limited or any persons or entities associated with the event or the directors, employees, agents or representatives of all or any of the aforementioned shall be held liable by me or my representatives;
(ix) Understand, agree and irrevocably permit iRun Sports Management Pvt. Ltd. to share the information given by me in this application, with all/any entities associated with this event, at its own discretion;
(x) Understand, agree and irrevocably permit iRun Sports Management Pvt. Ltd. to my photograph and record (on film, tape, hard drive, or any other method) my performance, appearance, name and/or voice and the results in perpetuity for the purpose of promoting the Event, at its own discretion. I further authorise iRun Sports Management Pvt. Ltd. to edit the same at discretion and to include it with performance of other and with sound effects, special effects, music etc. in any manner or media whatsoever, including without limitation, unrestricted use for purpose of publicity, advertising and sales promotion; and to use my name. iRun sports Management Ltd. owns all rights to the results and proceeds of my services in connection herewith;
(xii) I agree to the entry terms and guidelines.