Developed by Young-Scientist.in
Please note that this is an online workshop
Eligibility: Class III to VI
Parents are recommended to accompany the kids
Are you looking for fun and interactive online science workshops for kids?
Look no further!
This new series of online workshops from Young-Scientist.in is designed just for you. We provide engaging learning experiences for the kids stuck at home. These online workshops include rich media, interactive simulations, quizzes, worksheets, activities to do at home at more!
This particular workshop tells us the story of the Earth! From its formation to the present day. Learn about the different geological eras, changing shapes of continents, mechanics of climate and more! The activity time will have the children calculating and creating the Clock of Eras, a popular Montessori exercise.
- Provide a fun introduction to Earth’s geology
- Learn about the different geological eras
- Understand large time scales and their relative durations in Earth’s life
- Create a ‘Clock of Eras” during activity time
- Survey the different major incidents in Earth’s history
- Earth's Geological Periods
- Plate tectonics
Clock of Eras
Instructions for online workshop participants :
1. The registered number will be added to a temporary WhatsApp group where further instructions will be shared.
2. The online session will take place over Zoom Meetings.
3. A computer with headphones and a reliable internet connection is necessary.
4. The facilitator will share their computer screen where the content will be displayed (PowerPoint presentation, worksheets, software UI, videos, simulations, virtual tour etc.).
5. The facilitator will also be giving live audio commentary and explanations.
6. The participants can interact with the facilitator using the chat feature.
7. The participants will have their audio muted and their webcam stopped to ensure a smooth streaming experience for all.
8. One ticket permits one device (computer/tablet) to join the Zoom Meeting
9. The live stream of the online session is only for personal use, and thus shouldn't be recorded or transmitted or projected to an audience unauthorized by the organizer
10. You may expect network latency during the session considering the high internet usage because of lockdown.