Bike-culla: A bicycle tour of Byculla
We’re collaborating with the good folx at the Bombay Sweet Shop to bring to you a unique cycling experience called Bike-culla! To find out more, read on.
What if we told you, Byculla used to be the Malabar Hill of the early 19th century? The same area that we see today was home to exclusive clubs, palatial mansions, race courses, museums, amongst other spaces that defined luxury. Hard to believe, right? With the Fort Area getting overcrowded, a lot of the city’s elite moved towards the suburb of Byculla and made it a trendy neighbourhood. In the following years, with the advent of the mills and the chawls, the face of the neighbourhood starting slowly changing and transforming into the area we see today. However, Byculla still holds fascinating tales from both these worlds in equal measure. Join us for a unique cycling experience and visit: the first museum, the palace of the Baghdadi King, Mumbai’s Taj Mahal, Ambedkar’s wedding venue, among other things. You will get your dose of history, pop culture and stories that give you an insiders view of this beautiful neighbourhood
What’s more you ask? We will be ending our tour with breakfast at Bombay Sweet Shop, a restaurant much like Byculla - trendy and traditional. You’ll be touring through this Willy Wonka factory and looking at the inspiration behind some of their famous sugary delights.
Highlights of the Tour
- Mumbai’s first Museum
- One of the Oldest Roman Catholic Church
- Baghdadi King’s Palace
- A Baug by a Philanthropic Begum
- Mumbai’s Taj Mahal
- Visit to the Lord of the Plagues
- Pyaar Gully
- School of the ‘Conductor’
- Ambedkar’s wedding Venue
- Walk through Mumbai’s Willy Wonka Factory (a.k.a: Bombay Sweet Shop)
- Walk Leader
- Chai/ Coffee+Breakfast at Bombay Sweet Shop
Your Safety is our Topmost priority:
Post lockdown, we’re super stoked to announce our on-ground tours with proper social distancing measures as made mandatory by the Government of Maharashtra. The safety of our patrons is our topmost priority and hence we expect you to wear a mask and carry sanitisers. We will be restricting our tours to a maximum of 15 guests and will be touring in areas which are not densely populated at the touring hours.
- There will be a audio system available with the Tour Leader
- This tour will be conducted with proper social distancing
- All participants need to wear a mask/face shield and carry sanitisers
- If the guest has cold, flu or any symptoms, they need to notify the organisers immediately.
- All the cycle Handles, Seats and Helmets will Sanitized
- No Footprints holds the right of reservation and entry on this tour
- Ticket once booked cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- If you have your own cycle (and helmet) and would like to ride on that, please put in a discount code of MY250, to avail an INR 250 rupee discount