It gives us immense pleasure to announce and invite you all to take part in 2nd Edition of Canthon Mumbai Half Marathon on March 8, 2020, for great cause of cancer prevention & early detection. Let’s Run Cancer Away’ with this slogan the 1st Edition of Canthon was organized on March 3, 2019, the marathon received immense support from the running community all over Mumbai having a participation of more than 3000 runners from Shivaji Park, Dadar.
Canthon Mumbai Half Marathon is being organized by CANATHON Foundation in support of Tata Memorial Hospital cancer patients, and to create awareness for health, cancer awareness and prevention in particular.
Why Canthon Run?
It has been noticed that a major portion of the population in India are unaware of health, cancer and its causes. It is our social responsibility to create awareness about the same. Therefore, Canathon Foundation aims to motivate and involve public participation for Health, cancer awareness and prevention in particular. Also aims to reduce cancer patient by 50% in next 10 years by awareness and prevention only. Time has come now to fight together in war on cancer.
Canthon Mumbai Half Marathon in its Edition 2 is strongly committed to support Tata Memorial Hospital cancer patients, and to create awareness for health, cancer awareness and prevention in particular.
We as running community has this social responsibility to ensure that more people join us in improving health of nation and only running community has this ability, so come let's join hands together in sensitizing the society on various health issues, cancer in particular and create awareness for a healthy lifestyle, fitness of the role of nutrition in one’s life and contribute in building a strong nation.
- Family 5km run - A great and fun way for the parents to run along with their children. Even individual runners can participate in this event. Timing chip for 5 km run is optional and would have to be selected at the time of registration.
- 5 km Timed run, electronic chip will be provided
- 10km & Half Marathon – These are timed runs and the electronic timing chip will be provided
Details of early bird discount
Note: GST 18% APPLICABLE
Age categories and trophies
- 5 km run categories: Girls & Boys, Women & Men 8 years and above. Top 3 runners (only runners who opt for timing chip) in open category win Trophies. Parents have to register along with their wards if their wards are below 7 years
- 10 km run category: Women & Men 14 years and above. Top 3 runners in open category win Trophies.
- HALF MARATHON category: Women & Men 18 years and above. Top 3 runners in each of the categories win Trophies.
Race support and nutrition
- The venue and the race route will have ample water & nutrition stations.
- All runners will be provided breakfast post the run. Please retain your bib as a proof of participation in the run. Breakfast will be provided only runners with valid bibs.
- Ambulance and medical support would be provided during the run.
- Time limit for 5 km-60 Minutes, 10 km – 100 Minutes; HALF MARATHON – 200 Minutes. All support stations, volunteers and timing mats will be removed post this time cutoff.
Race affiliation and timing eligibility for other marathons
- The event is organized under the aegis of Mumbai Suburban District Athletics Association.
- Electronic timing chip will be given to all participants in 5km (participants opting for
timed run), 10km and HALF MARATHON distance categories.
By submitting the form, I hereby declare that I am physically fit to participate in this event and have attained all necessary physical examination by a registered medical practitioner. I acknowledge that participating in this event may carry some risk to my health. I release the organizers from any liability or any loss or injury which I may suffer while participating in the race. I have read and understood all the “RULES & REGULATIONS” and all the information provided by me in the registration form is correct. Further, I grant full permission to the organizer and all associated organizations to use all event material including photographs and videotape for publicity and advertising purposes without any compensation. I give Organizer the right to send me any communication (event, promotion, partners, etc.) via email, SMS, Phone call, Social media & any other channel.
Rules and Regulations
5km distance category is allowed for participants of 8 years and above (Born on or before 7 March 2012).
1. 10km distance category is open for participants over 14 years and above (born or before 7 March 2014).
2. HALF MARATHON distance category is allowed for participants of 18 years and above (born on or before7 March 2002).
3. Race timing will be recorded on Mat-to- Mat basis i.e. your timing starts/stops when you cross the start/finish line.
Registrations will close on 23 RD February 2020 at 11:59 PM or when the maximum limit of Running Places are filled in, whichever is earlier.
4. Participants must upload/submit a copy of his ID proof for age verification.
5. The BIB allotted to the participant is non-transferable and request for
cancellation and thereby, refund will not be entertained.
Snacks and refreshments will be served to all participants after the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting snacks
6. Finishers Medal will be given to each participant in all distance categories after
finishing the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting the finisher Medal.
E-certificates can be downloaded by the participant as soon as they are available on the website post the event. The event organizer reserves the right to modify the Date, Venue, Distance, Race start time and any other changes related to this event at any given point of time.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS) for Canthon 2020
- Participants are requested to eat a healthy meal not consume alcohol the previous night to avoid dehydration.
- You (“The participant”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by the Organizer in which the participant may engage.
- The participant confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The participants’ participation is voluntary and the participant shall under no circumstance hold organizers responsible for any injury, accidents, illness, and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the participant should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other participant members, Organizer staff, service providers, etc; in which case, we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the participant.
- If for any reason the participant wishes to abruptly end the run before its scheduled completion or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be able to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the participant.
- The participant is responsible to follow the instructions of the organizer and the participant has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an outdoor activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Organizers take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the event the organizer’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Organizers hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond ourcontrol. Organizers will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Organizers do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Organizers are not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
- There is no parking available near by the holding area. Parking done by the participants will be at their own risk.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Organizers reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
- E-certificates will be given to all participants who successfully complete the course within the cut-off timings.
- Medal will be given to all participants who complete the course.
- For security reasons, participants are requested to come without any baggage. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobile phone, camera, jewelry, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored.
- Organizers however, are not responsible for any loss of baggage and/or its belongings.
- Participants found to have interchanged their timing bib tag with another individual, will be disqualified from the event and shall not be allowed to apply or participate in the subsequent edition of the event.
- Please note if you don’t wear your timing bib tag as instructed, you won’t be able to get an official finish time, medal and e-certificate.
- Every participant is required to wear their bib (chest no) at all times during the race.