We have restarted our public walks with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our walks. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests. Walks will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a mini public address system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
KHAKI Walk 345: #AzadHind by Khaki Tours
Though the colonial city of Bombay was a symbol of British-Indian partnership with both sides contributing equally to the city’s development, its connections with the freedom struggle began in 1857 itself during the First War of Independence. Soon after that, Dadabhai Naoroji formalised the latent discontent into an organisation, and later, Lokmanya Tilak took it forward by taking it public. WIth Mahatma Gandhi and his arch-nemesis Mohamad Ali Jinnah taking over the mantle after Tilak’s death, the city became a hotbed of political activity related to the freedom movement. And at its epicentre was a little precinct stretching from Malabar Hill to Girgaon which witnessed many an important event in the freedom struggle. On our brand new #AzadHind heritage walk, we explore this precinct and tell stories of its connections with the Indian independence movement.
Date: 2nd October 2020
Starting Time: 9.00 AM
Starting Point: Tejpal Auditorium, Grant Road
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Distance: 1 Km
Ticket Price: Rs 499/-
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the walk:
- Mumbai’s first freedom fighters
- Birthplace of the Indian National Congress
- Revolution in August
- Underground radio stations
- Mahatma Gandhi’s two houses
- Mumbai’s Dandi march
- A minor satyagraha
- A major satyagraha
- The origins of the charkha
- And of course, the museum dedicated to the Mahatma
For more information, please call Khaki Tours (8828100111). Follow Khaki Tours on Facebook and Twitter.
Terms & Conditions :
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 2.5 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.